Summary of Major Responsibilities
The field-based Regional Business Director is responsible for leading a sales force in a designated region; this position covers the mid-atlantic & northeast. The Regional Business Director is responsible for the effective promotion of Exact Sciences’ products to physicians and other health care providers within the designated region. The Regional Business Director will recruit, train, coach, lead and provide performance management for a team of Key Account Executives, Area Managers and Professional Medical Representatives in addition to directly promoting Exact Sciences’ products with Key Accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Successfully manage regional sales force including the recruitment and selection of highly qualified Key Account Executives, Area Managers and Professional Medical Representatives, ensuring effective training and development of the sales force and providing coaching and ongoing performance management of the team
- Manage the region sales, budget and revenue targets and maintain ongoing reporting of progress with management team
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and team operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate information is shared and collaboration within and outside of the team is taking place
- Responsible for ensuring sales force compliance in all Quality, Regulatory and Company policies and guidelines
- Proactively identify and build strong relationships with key thought leaders and decision makers in region
- Create business plans for the region including, but not limited to opportunity development, strategic account targeting and planning and developing competitive strategies to successfully meet sales goals.
- Collect ongoing customer insights, market trends & competitive data from sales force and communicate to management, service, medical affairs and marketing teams.
- Leverage up-to-date product and technical expertise to effectively present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers
- Ensure the effective use of sales process and approved product marketing and product promotion material by regional sales force
- Leverage Medical Science Liaisons and other Company resources as necessary to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to create a competitive differentiation and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education level
- 12 years of experience in a customer-facing sales role in a medical, healthcare or technical field
- 6 years of experience in a sales leadership role managing direct reports in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated skillset in effective sales process and deal closure
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train and educate others
- Proven, effective time management, expense reporting , prioritization and delegation skills
- Effective English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive successful relationship building
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated experience reporting and tracking sales force metrics
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Must be willing to travel at least 75% within designated region and some travel outside of region as needed for national leadership meetings
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issues
- Preferred experience selling and/or leading a sales team in primary care physician office or OB/GYN practice settings
- Experience in a sales leadership role during a product launch
- Advanced degree is preferred.
Exact Sciences Corporation - 8 months ago
Guesstimates aren't good enough when diagnosing a deadly cancer, so Exact Sciences aims for accuracy. The firm develops non-invasive...