The primary responsibility of this position includes the execution and implementation of sales strategies leading to revenue growth relative to corporate goals, management, direction, motivation and management and development of a team of Territory Managers (TMs) within a specified sales region.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
- Effectively develops and executes a regional business plan in order to grow new business while maintaining the base of business within the region thus, meeting/exceeding AngioDynamics annual sales quota.
- Develops creative value propositions drive business striking a clinical and economical balance within their key accounts.
- Manage pertinent local/regional IDNs in coordination with the Corparate Account Managers .
- Maintain high visibility and contact with TMs within assigned region, providing strong coaching, training, direction, supervision, advice, counsel and guidance.
- Conduct three days of one-on-one field sales training with each TM on a continually rotating basis during the year maintaining field contact review documentation, comparing with previous trainings and keeping the Area Sales Director informed of progress.
- Develop an ongoing performance mananagment plan to elevate the TM sales performance within the region. Upgrade TMs who are consistently performing under-quota or not meeting the expectations of the company.
- Provide regional pricing discipline when considering all key account deals/contracts.
- Implement regional team selling strategies to exceed AngioDynamics annual sales targets.
- Implement a comprehensive sales process that ensures achievement or over achievement of assigned sales targets a specified region.
- Develops physician and hospital decision maker relationships within key accounts from across the region.
- Maintains and leverages a strong working knowledge across products, competitors, and procedures covering the Peripheral Vascular, Vascular Access and Oncology disease states.
- Works with sales leadership to suggest changes and improvements in product design, pricing, promotion or other policy.
- Prepares annual sales forecasts for the region. Participates in the determination of regional market potential and in the preparation of regional sales expense estimates.
- Maintains a constant funnel of potential candidates for open territories while hiring “A” caliber sales professionals in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the proper maintenance of company equipment within assigned region.
- Assist sales support/marketing staff members in activities; such as sales promotions, training or market research personnel in planning and executing special projects. Maintains contact with Franchise Leaders and Product Managers and disseminates pertinent information to TMs.
- Review weekly call and sales reports and forward all pertinent information to the Area Sales Director.
- Accountable for operating expense management including Travel & Entertainment and Samples, ensuring efficient management of all team expenses.
- Conduct and organize regional sales meetings as requested.
- Continually maintain a high level of industry and technical knowledge
- Participate in special projects as requested by Area Sales Director.
- The final area of sales training would be to promote good territory and time management.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance w/ the company’s policies and applicable laws, including, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, training/coaching and terminating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; salary administration; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
No Relocation - Candidate must reside in California.
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Advanced presentation and marketing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel up to 60-70% of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, marketing or related field required.
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the healthcare industry.
- Medical device sales experience is preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
AngioDynamics, Inc. - 30+ days ago
AngioDynamics, Inc. (AngioDynamics) is a provider of medical devices used in minimally invasive, image-guided procedures to treat peripheral...