The Regional Manager is responsible for the fiscal and operational success of student housing communities within a region or territory. This person is focused on the financial performance of each community, ensuring that it is properly staffed and managed to provide an optimal return to the investors. This person also has specific training and experience to oversee multiple managers and provide guidance on operating and financial issues to those managers.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meeting budgeted income, expense and leasing goals for the portfolio.
- Evaluating market conditions with each Community Manager to determine unit prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals.
- Providing management guidance to Community Managers on leasing/marketing, the renewal program and the move-out/move-in process.
- Reviewing the financial operations of each community on at least a monthly basis.
- Pre-approving all capital projects and major contracts before seeking Market Director final approval.
- Hiring, training and supervising Community Managers.
- Conducting ongoing meetings with Community Managers to keep them apprised of current issues.
- Overseeing the annual budget process for each community.
- Evaluating the staff and management of each community.
- Ensuring that all staff members provide the highest level of service to residents.
- Management: Discuss operations with each Community Manager, Facilities Director, Director of Residence Life, and University Relations staff
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- At least 5 years managing apartments and/or communities with students as the primary tenant.
- Preferably 1-2 year experience overseeing a region or multiple properties/communities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read and understand operating statements and budgets.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word/Excel/Yardi.
- High degree of professionalism and demeanor.
- Negotiation skills.
- Able to lead and manage others
The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -