Responsible for day to day accounting functions (Training, Supervision, Internal Controls, Processes, of accounting staff in order to meet accounting deliverables) with an organized planned approach.
The core areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
General Position Expectations:
Billing and Invoicing
- Actively support and manage the day to day accounting operations.
- Lead and guide both our administrative staff and customer’s staff on issues that affect them.
- Special projects as they are assigned
- Establish roles, responsibilities to meet daily, weekly, monthly accounting deliverables and maintain those standards,
- Nurture positive corporate culture, and develop personal leadership
- Coordinate and assist to ensure Accounts Receivables are properly maintained.
- Support business unit staff in correctly invoicing and billing receivables.
- Actively participant in the integration, coordination of current invoicing systems.
- Reconcile A/R and A/P accounts at each month-end
- Assist US Collections and help reconcile any unapplied payments
- Ensure accurate and timely capturing of field data for billing
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly tax payments
- Support Payroll functions related to the accounting responsibilities
- Review / reconcile job cost when and as required to help track AFE projects.
- Assist in the monthly duties of closing, reconciling the Company by supporting
- the VP, Finance
Ensure all EDI invoices are entered and tracked for your facilities
Ensure process documentation is continually updated and correct.
Meet with Administrators and Facility managers to encourage open and honest communication
Ensure all internal and external customers needs are understood and make every effort to align them will accounting roles and responsibilities
Personal and Professional growth
Continue to train and lead by example
Communicate up and down organization as required to inform and educate about challenges and impediments with an eye to the future
- Become Subject Expert on PeopleSoft and related ERP modules
- Ensure skills and knowledge are current
The duties and responsibilities of the Regional Controller are not limited to those listed above, but also include any additional duties and responsibilities that are assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principals
- 5-10 years financial accounting experience
- CPA Preferred
- Oil and gas operations knowledge (Strongly Preferred)
- Understand Electronic Data Interchange software and business processes
- Above average communication skills
- Work well with team members
- High level understanding of Producer processes and administration
- Excellent ability to educate and transfer knowledge
- Ability to travel to customer and Tervita locations when required
Tervita Corporation - 17 months ago