We are seeking a dynamic marketing professional for logistical execution of strategic field events and other regional marketing communication tactics that support marketing, sales, and corporate goals. Field events include hotel seminars, account events, user group meetings, regional trade shows, and campus workshops. In this role, you will serve as the primary point of contact for a team of remote field sales engineers. The regional coordinator role is an entry-level position in the Marketing Communications (MarCom) organization at National Instruments. During your two- to three-year time as a regional coordinator, you will build your MarCom skills and experience and then transition into a media specialty.
Working with the regional MarCom manager, responsibilities include:
o Advertising, direct marketing, social media, public relations, and Web tactics
- Creation and management of the regional event plan
- Working with database marketing for audience generation
- Coordinating event logistics
- Posting event information to ni.com
- Negotiating and coordinating facility contracts
- Arranging for audio/visual, equipment reservations
- Monitoring attendance and wait list status
- Tracking budget on a per event basis
- Analyzing results to ensure event success
- Execution and project management of regional MarCom activities
- Proactive collaboration with the Regional MarCom Coordination team for participation and ownership of projects in support of regional goals
- Proactive collaboration with the regional Sales team providing MarCom guidance intended to increase the value of regional events, increase attendance, and raise the impact to revenue goals of each region.
Please Note: National Instruments does NOT petition for H1-B or any other visas status for this position.
Ideal Candidates Must Demonstrate
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Previous experience in field event coordination, preferably B2B
- PC proficiency, past work with Oracle and Lotus Notes a plus
- Proficiency in spoken and written French preferred
- Excellent organizational, project management, and multitasking skills
- Positive attitude, high level of enthusiasm, and a drive to succeed
- Superior communication, both written and presentation skills
- Service-oriented team player approach and an ability to assist in any capacity to get the job done
- Flexibility in a dynamic, high-tech growth environment
- Experience in contract negotiation and budget management
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,300 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 14 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments - 17 months ago
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...