HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE: ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
- Supervising and driving the performance of 13 stations across Washington and Montana
- Responsible for building and maintaining a culture of Safety & Compliance at all levels within the Stations Operations group within the region.
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation of operational plans to ensure stations meet performance objectives and compliance guidelines.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the region.
- Responsible for developing and mentoring managers and supervisors in the region to facilitate diversity, succession planning and career progression.
- Responsible for insuring there is effective communication with front line and field supervisory staff that builds alignment around continuous improvement and attainment of strategic goals.
- Responsible for facility planning to ensure optimum efficiency, productivity and financial performance within the region.
- Responsible for the development of the annual regional budget and insuring that it is aligned with divisional and organizational goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and assist with interviewing and hiring of new management positions for all stations in the region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business degree preferred.
- 5 years of airline management experience required; 7-10 years of airline management experience preferred.
- Experience leading large work groups with multiple layers of strong leadership skills required.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, creative and willing to try new approaches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of fiscal control systems, staffing processes, safety and security compliance.
- Demonstrated commitment to transparent communication.
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of clear expectations and process accountability.
- Professional work ethic and demonstrated ability to work with all work groups while addressing people courageously, directly and candidly.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U. S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well).
Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH
Internet Explorer 8 or above, running on Windows, is the browser that is strongly recommended to successfully submit your application. If you choose to use another browser, your application may not come through successfully.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....