Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to working with school districts to close the achievement gap in their lowest-performing schools. Using a blueprint of comprehensive reform strategies, we partner with district and school leaders to plan, implement, and monitor school turnarounds. Our framework includes reform strategies to 1) develop human capital; 2) improve school culture; 3) maximize instructional time; 4) provide students with individualized instruction; and 5) organize, synthesize and use achievement data. We are currently partnered with Denver Public Schools and Houston Independent School District. |
Regional Director Job Description:
We are seeking a Regional Director to oversee the implementation of our education programs and strategies across a network of Blueprint ’s partner schools in Massachusetts. The position will require the ability to oversee the planning, launch, and management of our education programs, which include individualized tutoring during the regular school day, professional development for school leadership teams and teachers, use of assessment data systems to differentiate instruction, creation of strong school cultures, and effective use of longer school days and years. The Regional Director will build relationships with district superintendents and executive directors, partner with teams of principals and district leaders and collaborate with the Blueprint team in order to lead a subset of Blueprint ’s schools to rapid, dramatic, and sustainable improvement. The Regional Director will be based out of our Newton, MA office and will require some travel to partner schools and district offices.
Required activities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee district-level diligence process and strategic planning in preparation for the Fall 2013 opening of a network of Blueprint ’s schools in Massachusetts;
- Direct day-to-day implementation of our turnaround strategies and programs in partner schools;
- Work closely with district leadership to monitor school progress and student outcomes;
- Facilitate professional development for school leadership teams and teachers;
- Oversee national recruitment, selection, hiring, training and curricula for the tutoring corps;
- Lead regular site visits, which include classroom observations and conversations with students, staff, and school leaders;
- Collect, manipulate, and interpret student and teacher data;
- Identify potential issues and obstacles and proactively take action to create and implement solutions; and
- Represent Blueprint Schools Network at school board meetings, community meetings and conferences.
- Commitment to Blueprint ’s mission;
- At least five (5) years of school leadership, district leadership or professional management experience;
- Experience as a principal strongly preferred;
- Masters degree in education, business, public policy, management, or related fields required;
- Demonstrated success in dramatically improving student achievement;
- Ability to build and lead teams to achieve ambitious goals;
- Instructional leadership and coaching skills;
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting; and
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a nonprofit organization that uses a research-based framework of comprehensive reform strategies to...