FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Regional Director in Washington, D.C. or Durham, NC.
As a senior leader within the organization, provides oversight in the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan within an assigned region. Works across the organization to ensure and oversee the successful implementation of country and regional portfolios, including financial performance and project results, generating funding to sustain the organization and fulfill its mission, and compliance with appropriate regulations and policies. Provides operations oversight and is the primary company representative across multiple sectors for a specified region. Liaises as appropriate with government agencies, country missions, local government(s), international organizations, headquarters and other funders and stakeholders. Leads organization’s business and resource development efforts in the region, and ensures or leverage landscape scoping and analysis and strategic planning. Ensures accountability for project design and technical quality. Organizes cross functional and inter-regional activities ensuring efficacy of the project(s)/programmatic objectives. Oversees and evaluates regional staffing, budgets, training and other programmatic needs and activities and works with team to ensure harmonized enterprise services platform for the regional office.
The Regional Director will:
- Provides strategic leadership and oversight for all organizational operations in the region and to the organization’s portfolio.
- Responsible for developing revenue/business development targets and ensuring country/regional plans will achieve them.
- Works with Country Directors to develop operational/ G&A budgets that support the organizations goals for the region.
- Works with various organizational groups to manage and mitigate organizational risk and ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and policies.
- Provides high level operational support to global or regional projects with systems, skills, and resources to ensure the quality of the region’s portfolio.
- Develops and/or monitors regional landscape analyses, strategic plans, and oversees the approval of proposals, protocols, reports and budgets to achieve strategic programmatic goals.
- Oversees management of staff ensuring strategic goals of the program/project and the company are reached.
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholder on project matters.
- Serves on various committees and teams both internal and external to the organization.
- Works with Enterprise Services to ensure harmonized enterprise services platforms for the regional and country offices.
- Develops and manages communication plans for the region.
- Facilitates project start-up and close-out for projects in the region.
- Provides leadership in emergency situations for countries within the region, as required/requested.
Master’s degree or its international equivalent in Knowledge /Information services, Communications, Education, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social sciences or other related field related to international/human development. Advanced degree or its international equivalent preferred. Certification in project management preferred. Qualification in Humanitarian action and/or Project Cycle Management and/or Monitoring & Evaluation. Experience operating in insecure environments. Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO). Typically requires a minimum of 12+ years with project management experience. Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope. Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices with project management, process development and execution.
- Superior public relations and diplomacy skills and experience.
- Superior policy development and project management skills required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Experience in one or more sector.
- Experienced at motivating, influencing and collaborating with others.
- Ability to speak the country’s language and demonstrate sensitivity.
Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.