We have an opportunity for a Regional Director (RD) based in Houston covering our Austin (South Texas), Houston and Louisiana territory.
This position will focus on working with Russell's distribution partners in growing their businesses as well as prospecting/developing new sales representatives through broker-dealer, bank & advisor relationships. The primary purpose of this position is to work effectively with our high potential financial intermediaries in acquiring new Russell clients who are positioned to utilize Russell as part of their investment portfolios. The RD will assist a select group of financial professionals to provide more leverage and scale in their practice, by utilizing Russell's products and practice management assistance. The RD works to build and maximize our market share by providing a high quality, value-added sales and service experience with distribution partners targeted as prospective prominent producers within an assigned territory. The position requires considerable territory travel.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Partner/producer lifecycle and relationship management; producer prospecting and Fund distribution development through a highly target outbound sales effort.
- Individual Investor Mutual Fund product line wholesaling activities.
- Schedule and present at branch and client meetings along with one-on-one meetings and reviews with financial professionals; partner education and training; various home-office meetings.
- Investment proposal generation.
- New partner indoctrination and ramp-up activities.
- Consultative business and practice development activities.
- Access to Russell's knowledge capital through subject matter experts.
- Assist Private Client Services' clients in building a successful business using Russell products/services.
- 5 - 10 years client sales/service experience in an investment management or related business.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or related field required; MBA or MS degree preferred; NASD Series 7 and 66 licenses; CIMA, CFA or CFP strongly desired.
- In-depth understanding of the industry, financial concepts, product knowledge, investment management, and client-service strategies.
- Possess product knowledge in order to act as Russell's main point of contact in dealing with the financial professional.
- Understand the needs of financial professionals in order to identify 'critical' services they must have, competitive services they expect to have, and additional services they would like to have.
- Ability to prioritize financial professional requests and effectively manage through completion.
- Ability to be decisive and implement holistic solutions quickly.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as presentation and interpersonal skills are necessary in order to successfully interact with financial professionals and other associates.
- Ability to be self-directed, self-managed, possesses proven decision-making skills and sound judgment.
- High level of proficiency with software applications; ability to utilize Russell specific applications (RPG, RLINK, Microsoft Dynamics).
Russell Investments - 7 months ago