Regional Director - 130000EU |
Primary Location United States-CA-CALong Beach
Founded in 1997, California MENTOR provides a range of home and community-based programs for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. As a trusted provider with a proven track record of success California MENTOR has helped hundreds of people grow and succeed in the communities they call home through flexible programs including the recognized Family Home Agency programs, community-based residential living options, day programs, and vocational training and support.
California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Regional Director with California MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
For California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network the Regional Director is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
California MENTOR is seeking a Regional Director to oversee the operations of a large region within the state and implement the strategic direction for operations and ensures alignment with the state business goals and objectives. Regional Director supervises the quality of services provided including implementing initiatives to improve quality. The Regional Director may also manage a support functions team.
- Oversees the operations of a large region within the state with revenues of around $15 million. Oversees implementation of operations and individual’s supported service and supports for all service lines.
- Responsible for the financial performance of a regional business unit, reviews financial statements, oversees regional purchasing, and ensures billing compliance and documentation.
- Implements regional core growth strategy to increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages; responds to local requests for proposals to address payer needs; identifies and participates in new start development initiatives as appropriate; and identifies potential acquisition partners.
- Maintains and fosters relations with local government authorities such as counties, regional centers and managed care contractors; implements regional strategy to foster relations with case managers and referral agents; participates in building relationships with local legislators and government officials; and lobbies on behalf of individuals receiving services and Network as appropriate.
- Implements regional strategies to maintain and foster relations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians; oversees implementation of individuals supported satisfaction surveys, and implements enhancement plans as appropriate.
- Oversees regional quality enhancement and implementation plan, coordinating network standards, licensing requirements and individuals supported needs; and oversees regional incident reporting.
- Oversees regional implementation of incident management protocol; ensures timely incident reporting and corrective action; reviews trends; develops and implements responses; and may assist with regional investigations.
- Oversees development and implementation of regional health and safety programs for individuals receiving services and employees; directs supervision of nursing contracts and/or nurse supervisor as applicable.
- Maintains regional compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, and safe living and working environments; assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments; and directs regional maintenance program.
- Provides leadership including direct supervision of Area Directors and/or Program Directors, Program Manager I, Program Manager II and the regional support team; implements Network employee practices; oversees regional safety and workers’ compensation implementation; approves involuntary terminations and reviews written warnings; and establishes employee orientation and training programs.
- Maintains licensing and compliance for regional services and supports; assures timely and accurate documentation; oversees regional implementation of Network compliance plan; and reviews correction orders and approves regional compliance plans.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Preferred Skills and/or Abilities:
- Bachelors degree required.
- Masters degree in business or human services preferred.
- Seven to ten years of experience with significant management experience in the human services industry.
- Three years of experience or training in 1) care and supervision of clients in a licensed adult day program or adult day health facility, or 2) care and supervision in one or more of the categories served by the day program.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Car registration and vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to pass health screening, TB test, and criminal background check.
- Must be willing to travel to various program locations.