This multi-focused position is responsible for:|
All direct revenue generating activities and processes within assigned portfolio of hotels. This individual will provide strategic planning, training and guidance to sales professionals and ensure accomplishments of sales objectives (Personal Performance Expectations) and growth/profitability of portfolio.
Providing direct property support and the overall sales and marketing efforts of hotels as assigned by the Vice-President of Sales and Marketing.
Provides Direct Booking and Lead Generation efforts to all CSM hotels, within assigned markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sales Management: Works with portfolio of assigned properties to develop, execute and track sales and marketing programs and processes. Ensures that revenue budgets are exceeded, RevPAR goals are achieved and sales teams and members are achieving assigned Personal Performance Expectations.
2. Revenue/Yield Management: Holds hotels accountable for all revenue generation and maintenance activities by serving as liaison between key hotel team members and CSM corporate Revenue Management. Assures achievement of all budgeted revenue and RevPAR goals within portfolio.
3. Marketing/Advertising: Effectively manages portfolio marketing and advertising efforts through the utilization of quarterly marketing calendars and budgets. Manages marketing expenses through ROI measurements for all appropriate Marketing and Sales expenses.
4. Social Media Management: Determines Social Media strategy, training and implementation as is appropriate for each hotel. Serves as liaison between hotel and CSM corporate Marketing and eCommerce departments.
5. Business Plans: Directs hotel sales efforts through the development and implementation of annual and quarterly business plan reviews.
6. Business Relationships: Aggressively solicits revenue for all CSM hotels within assigned markets while developing and maintaining client relationships. Generates revenues through the achievement of Personal Performance Expectations(PPE) as assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
7. Property Support: Provides direct property support through coverage of open positions as assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
8. Leadership: Partners with Vice Presidents of Operations and Regional Vice President of Operations to ensure seamless integration and comprehensive property sales efforts.
9. People Management: Provides leadership to the sales teams within assigned portfolio of hotels. Works in direct partnership with General Managers and Directors of Sales in the recruitment, selection, training and management of Sales Professionals. Responsible for the orientation and development of new Account Executives and Directors of Sales and Marketing and ensures processes are effective, and aligned with business goals and priorities.
10. Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and a positive, professional work environment. Attends all scheduled meetings to ensure property communication and planning. Maintains effective communication with Vice President of Operations, and Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, General Managers and Directors of Sales to maintain clear communication on activities at assigned hotel(s).
11. Other Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned to this position on a temporary or permanent basis, which could include, but not be limited to: Call Center Management, Delphi/DMPE Administration, Direct Market Selling, etc. These duties will be assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelors Degree required. Prefer an emphasis in Hospitality, Business, or Sales/Marketing.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: . 5-7 Years as a Director of Sales or Director of Sales and Marketing at hotel of like brand, market position, and average rate level as appropriate to CSM portfolio. Multi-Property experience preferred. (Marriott®, Hilton®, Starwood®, IHG®) Must be detail oriented, with strong self organization and communication skills.
TRAVEL: Up to 75% of time, with multi week assignments possible.
Software and Programs: Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Delphi/DMPE and web administrative tools.
CSM Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard