As a Consulate Management Company Regional Director of Human Resources, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care's five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion.The Regional Director of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing and directing Human Resource functions for designated Region/Facilities. Provide Human Resource support to assigned nursing facilities through policy interpretation and direction; consult on employee relations, disciplinary issues and staff complaints. Manage collective bargaining agreements (where applicable.) Assist and guide recruitment/retention process. Offer input to control of financial management of labor expense. Partner with Regional Vice President of Operations to ensure regional operational goals are met. Serve as a resource to other departments at the regional level on HR issues. Communicate with HR Team regarding changes in policies and other issues affecting employees/employment throughout the Company. you are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Regional Director of Human Resources, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsibly for overseeing and directing Human Resource functions for designated Region/Facilities. Serves as resource/consultant to management ensuring that HR planning, employment, employee relations, benefits administration, training, salary administration, and personnel policies and procedures are clear and applied fairly and consistently and in compliance with all state and federal labor laws. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Labor Management at Facility Level :
- Facility Area: Review staffing needs, assist in identifying viable sources of candidates and help create appropriate advertising in association with Director of Recruitment
- Key Facility & Regional Positions: Coordinate with Director of Recruitment these needs and provide feedback on potential candidates and assist in transition of new hires to position.
- Utilize and ensure compliance with Consulate Management Careers website, RecruitSuite.
- Coordinate the Employee Opinion Survey process and help ensure participation by all facility staff; facilitate interpersonal communication between participants, assist with analysis of survey results; provide feedback, corrective actions and implementation of action plan.
- Ensure compliance with the implementation of the Blue Ribbon Orientation Program at facility.
Employee Management at Facility level:
- Assist in management of labor costs, including pay practices, bonus/incentive programs, proper staff ratios and employee hours.
- Evaluate agency use; assist in identifying options to reduce/eliminate agency hours.
- Oversee Pay Practices at facility and prepare wage proposals to include labor analysis, wage surveys, payroll trend reports, agency usage, open positions and the Crystal Reports labor report information.
- Participate in Weekly Operations call providing information on agency usage and plans to eliminate agency.
- Drive scheduling process through support and guidelines to staffing coordinator on effective use of Intellicost Scheduling System; partner with the Director of Recruitment to ensure compliance.
- Provide advice and counsel to facility management regarding appropriate progressive discipline; attend disciplinary meetings, when appropriate and facilitate all management level termination.
- Assist and educate facilities with the Problem Resolution Procedure.
- Investigate/resolve employee complaints; file responses to Compliance Hot Line calls, as necessary.
- Serves as a resource for and assist in training of the Business Office Coordinator on HR policy and process.
- Manager the HR audit process with the Business Office Coordinator to insure appropriate records are completed and filed; audit the HR records and systems as needed.
- Manage the labor-relations function, where appropriate, through participation in the collective bargaining and grievance/arbitration processes.
- Participate in labor management meetings at unionized facilities.
Employment Laws, Litigation and Correspondence:
- Partner with AlphaStaff to ensure payroll practices are properly implemented and followed at the facility level; and assist in benefit enrollment and the resolution of benefit issues.
- Assist facilities in resolving employee benefit concerns, as necessary.
- Provide consultation on employment laws and federal and state nursing home regulations pertaining to personnel.
- Investigate/respond to state and federal agency charges of discrimination, wage and hour violations and similar employment related issues working with the VP of HR for final response preparation.
- Acts as liaison between Risk Management department and facilities on workers' compensation issues.
- Participate in unemployment hearings, as necessary.
General Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide information on HR initiatives, respond to inquiries about specific facility HR issues and give feedback on proposed action plans related to employment/employee relations at the facility and regional level.
- Serve as a sounding board for RVPOS, ED's and DCS's & other key facility/regional staff on issues affecting employment and employee relations.
- Liaison between line staff and management.
- Assist RVPO's and other staff with employee performance management.
- Monitor, review and coordinate training at facilities as needed to ensure compliance with the Company's Corporate Compliance Plan.
Provide leadership to others through example and sharing knowledge/skill:
- Deals with highly confidential information.
- Maintains and oversees personnel policies and policies for facilities; provide HR policy interpretation and guidance on implementation of policies.
- Assist Corporate HR Staff and management in development of policies and procedures and job descriptions.
- Participate with the HR team in the development of initiatives, policies, practices and other strategies and ensure effective dissemination of these items to regional and facility staff.
- Complete assignments/projects as directed by the Vice President of Human Resources and the Senior Vice President of Human Resources..
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Possess the ability to embrace Consulate Health Care's core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion and incorporate them into one's daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of hoensty and integrity in every interaction and encourage similar behavior with all contacts.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- Bachelor's Degree
- One to Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years human resources experience in long term care in a multiple facility capacity.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in human resources in long-term care.
- Must have intermediate personal computer skills to include electronic mail, record keeping, routine data base activity, word processing, spreadsheet applications, graphics, etc.
Consulate Health Care - 17 months ago