Partners with hotel operations to ensure continuous focus on achieving regional business objectives through training solutions. Responsible for ensuring all team members are trained to consistently provide Loews service experience and deliver the brand promise.
- Participate with management in analyzing and addressing Team Member Opinion Survey, Guest Survey, Social Media feedback and Shopper Reports, as appropriate. Participate in recognizing success and addressing needs.
- Conduct training needs assessment for departments at each property. Work with operation leaders to develop and deliver training solutions and accountabilities to address need areas.
- Report department's track record in new hire and on-going training to property Executive Committee
- Work with each hotel on their hotel training budget and the maintenance of training costs within budgetary guidelines
- Present branded training programs for all team leaders including Train the Trainer and Star Trainer as well as any other brand wide courses developed
- Certify subject matter experts at properties to facilitate Loews Hotels team member classes including Empowerment , Exceeding Guest Expectations
- Coordinate and ensure designated trainers exist at each property certified to teach Valuing Diversity and Creating a Harassment Free Workplace; coordinate with HO when certification class is required in the region and organize outside vendors certification trip
- Mentor property designated trainers, observe as appropriate and provide feedback on training presentation and effectiveness
- Advise & assist regional team and Executive Committees on quality initiatives by leading region through effective deficiency elimination and process enhancements for maximized ROI & EBITDA
- Educates and trains on use of efficiency tools in an effort for continuous improvement and lean organization practice.
- Serve as a resource for the property General Manager and operation team on achieving business plans and addressing service issues through training solutions.
- Provide feedback to Team Leaders on Knowing Star Service Standards certification
- Visit properties at least once a quarter and more at direction of VP of Operations. During property visit conduct roundtables with new hires and existing team members to ensure on-going training needs are being met
- Host quarterly Star Trainer meeting when on property. Look for opportunities for Star Trainers to assist further in departmental training.
- Provide VP of Operations with training plans to address any need areas, communicate with Home Office (HO) to ensure best resources utilized.
- Participate in quarterly HO call for branded direction and initiatives. Attend annual meeting with HO team to ensure consistency throughout the brand.
- Participate in Regional Meetings as directed by VP of Operations.
- Support HO team with any conversions and openings in the region and remain active in the hotel post conversion/opening to ensure effectiveness of training.
- Work with specific hotel in region on any additional projects, opportunities - post renovation, new restaurant openings, etc. to provide support.
- Complete assigned action items from HO and communicate any information requested.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive travel throughout the region (estimated 60-75% travel)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in hospitality related field preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in hotel operations leadership role
- Previous experience in delivering and creating training solutions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of hotel operations
Loews Hotels, Inc. was founded in 1946 and continues to own and operate hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in...