Operates a TruServ Logistics tractor or tractor trailer as assigned. Delivers product, merchandise and/or freight to True Value Members and customers; transport and pick up shipments of freight from True Value Company suppliers and others as may be assigned; transport or pick up trailers. Provides quality customer service to True Value members, customers, associates and suppliers. Operates the tractor or tractor trailer in a safe manner and adheres to all Federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Operates a TruServ Logistics tractor or tractor trailer as assigned in a safe, legal and courteous manner to deliver, pick up or transport freight, product, and merchandise.
- Operates tractor or tractor trailer in a safe manner and within federal, state, and local laws and company policies.
- Unloads merchandise, product or freight either by hand or with the assistance of a pallet jack, lift gate, or other Company supplied equipment at True Value stores.
- Accounts for all high dollar items upon unloading or loading merchandise and reports all discrepancies in accordance to standard operating procedures.
- Pick up freight, product, merchandise from venders and customers.
- Conducts an inventory of all merchandise when offloaded or loaded from the trailer. Verify product quantities at delivery and/or pick up as required by The Company.
- Provides superior customer service to True Value members, customers, and associates.
- Manages the maintenance of records;
- Secures the tractor and trailer against loss or theft of merchandise.
- Conducts a safety check of the tractor and trailer for defects before and after operations. Writes up and turns in maintenance report in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Minimum Type and Years of Related Experience Required:
- Ability to (fluently) read and write English and accurately count freight.
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Drivers license with Haz Mat endorsement.
- Must be HAZMAT certified.
- Ability to meet or exceed Department of Transportation and FMCSR requirements.
- Ability to complete the required tasks, paperwork in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Important Decisions / Judgments:
- One year driving experience required if not a graduate of an accredited truck driving school. Six months driving experience with successful completion of an accredited driving school.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Possess a complete working knowledge and wiliness to comply with all Department of Transportation rules including but not limited to Hours of Service Regulations.
- Must be able and willing to work when needed including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able and willing to remain overnight in a hotel or in a sleeper tractor as needed (up to four nights per week.)
- Must be able and willing to operate a pallet jack, scanner, lift-gates, electrical devices and software as needed in association with job responsibilities.
- Must be able and willing to work in various environmental conditions with work performed mostly outside in hot or cold conditions.
- Must not have more than three moving traffic violations in previous three years.
- Must not have any preventable accidents in previous three years
- Must be able and willing to routinely perform the following physical requirements:
o Manually unload cargo as necessary.
o Lifting up to 75 lbs routinely and occasionally pushing more than 100 lbs or exerting heavy force.
o Repeating motions
True Value Company is one of the world's largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives. With about 4,500 independent retailers and an...