Maintain the capacity, integrity, and design of Midcontinent’s regional network while effectively supervising and directing staff.
• Review, monitor, and maintain the regional network including the Head End, fiber, and power supply.
• Review and contribute to the design of Midcontinent’s regional network.
• Coordinate with the Construction Department to contribute to system designs and network plans.
• Effectively manage and provide direction to the regional staff.
• Manage the fiber network by repairing, ensuring integrity, and managing the inventory.
• Meet technical specifications regarding service, regulatory, and franchise standards.
• Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midcontinent’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation.
• Read, comprehend, and utilize network system maps and plans.
• Provide timely performance feedback and daily coaching. Perform annual reviews and effectively manage disciplinary and/or performance problems.
• Possess knowledge of Midcontinent’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
• Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Associate’s Degree in electronics, or SCTE BCT or BCE certification required.
• NCTI Installer, Installer Technician, Service Technician, System Technician, Fiber Optics, and Advanced Technician certifications preferred.
• Minimum of three to five years experience in the telecommunications field required.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Your future is bright at Midco, the leading provider of Internet, cable TV, phone, home automation and advertising services in the Upper...