Org Marketing Statement
About Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world’s largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.7 billion of assets under management.
For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com
We are currently seeking a regional finance manager for one of our client dedicated teams based out of Buffalo New York. Reporting to our Finance Director this manager is responsible for monitoring accounting operations to be in alignment with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Master Service Agreement (MSA) Scope of Work, and best practices for the assigned client portfolio. The ideal candidate will be bilingual English/Spanish and have prior international finance experience.
- Assist the Finance Director in delivering a consistent financial platform to the region; must be cognizant that certain refinements may be required at local levels to comply with established regulations, accounting policy, and cultural expectations.
- Be proactively engaged in any transition or transformation initiatives to help meet targeted timelines and budgets.
- Monitor critical functions of Finance Teams to ensure that tasks are completed timely, client deliverables are met, and internal controls are working effectively.
- Focus on client governance support; communicate any risk issues as soon as they are identified.
- Develop finance support positions and their responsibilities thru continuous review of related tasks, processes and procedures. Maintain cross-training effort throughout the teams to ensure staff flexibility and a broad knowledge base. Manage teams in real-time to ensure a productive workload and efficient staffing model.
- Focus compliance efforts in relation to SOCR compliance, JLL Code of Ethics and outsourced service guidelines for Federally Regulated Entities.
- Fully support participation in the Jones Lang LaSalle Oversight Program; nurture relationship with Client Accounting Services oversight contact; assure that documents are completed by the Finance Teams timely & accurately, assist with dashboard compliance.
- Actively participate in annual planning and monthly forecasting of client P&L.
- Use available tools and resources to identify methods of controlling costs for the Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) Teams without negatively impacting the quality of the work environment. Identify improvements to existing processes to assist JLL and the client to mutually reach financial targets.
- Be actively engaged in assisting the Finance Director with the implementation of new technology initiatives involving Finance.
- Develop and implement Best Practices that can be exported to other regions or other JLL accounts. Assist with the implementation of Best Practices imported from other assignments or regions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 5 years of real estate accounting experience; MBA/CPA preferred
- Strong technology acumen and advanced Excel skills
- Possesses a keen ability to interpret financial statements and provide strategic recommendations
- Communication Skills - Ability to communicate in local languages specifically Spanish is preferred
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people
- Planning and Organization – establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Pro-active Thinker – ability to understand current processes and develop process improvements as well as sharing and implementing value-added ideas for overall efficiencies
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Learning on the Fly - learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and other for results
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...