Location: Irving, TX – US
The HR Leader is responsible for providing business leadership and functional expertise in human resources to the Irving, TX, and Oklahoma City, OK, Roofing and Asphalt plants.
This role is accountable for the talent in the assigned plants (30 salary employees and 200 primary employees), all people-driven processes and all business-driven processes that involve people. This is a key position on the Plant Leadership Teams, responsible for managing and delivering HR strategies and tactics in order to improve business results.
The position directly reports to the Human Resources Leader for the R&A business and is a member of the HR team for the Building Materials Group.
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Effectively communicate Safety strategy and performance to employees and engage them in the system systems and process leadership.
- Become regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and fair treatment.
- Feedback from Plant NLTs, direct reports, peers, primary employees
- Plant SAFE and Critical 6 scores, RIR
Knowing Our Customers
Provide visible leadership to every team member to take on our customers as a personal mission. Continuously innovate & improve HR processes to enhance the company’s value and the value to our customers. Continuously elevates the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and selling processes. The HR Leader applies this knowledge to successfully influence leaders to make customer focused business decisions.
- Feedback from Plant NLT members
- Waste elimination from improving a specific process (i.e. through a Kaizen,standard work, etc.)
- Percentage of team involvement in specific customer-focused activities
Leading and Developing Talent
As a People Leader:
- Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation systems.
- Fills openings with competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invests in the growth and development of direct reports and other identified talent in their organization.
- Actively engaged in personal development.
Executing HR Strategies
- Contributes to the development and execution of the plant strategy, provides leadership support as a formal member of the Plant Leadership teams.
- Effectively shares information with R&A HR Leader and peers.
- Leads implementation of the Human Resources strategy
- Develops and attracts the people required to execute the business strategy
- Improve plant organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing problems and implementing solutions.
The HR strategy will consist of the following and will utilize best practices to ensure outside-in thinking:
- Talent Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Succession Planning
- Growing our People
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits Policies and Plans
- Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- Develop a reputation and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Plant Leader and Plant NLT members. Contribute on plant strategy discussions outside of the HR area.
- Coaches all leaders in the organization with confidence and candor, consistent with My Leadership Accountabilities, The Owens Corning House, and OC Guiding Principles.
- Coaches and educates leaders so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management and compensation.
- Continuously improve assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Continuously improve our work environment to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base.
- Leading effective change management practices.
- Assessing team performance and facilitating interventions proactively.
- Creates and implements optimal organization design and structure to enable the strategy.
- Co-leads with Corporate Labor Relations to ensure plant labor agreements and handbooks support business results and business strategy.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others.
Being part of creating and accelerating a high performance organization
Implementing strategy for a human resources function.
Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent.
Leading in union and/or non-union workforce environments
Implementing successful employee relations strategies and programs.
Assessing the environment and successfully identifying opportunities and closing gaps to accelerate business performance
Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management or a related field. Master’s degree in business, human resources or a related field preferred.
5-10 years Plant HR Generalist experience
Labor Relations experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Change agent: Effectively leads change, action and results
- Business acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business.
- Current knowledge of best practice human resources processes and tools including the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development and succession management.
- Excellent communication – written and oral – including presentation skills.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune® 500 Company for 57 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011 and about 15,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
Owens Corning - 19 months ago
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...