Auto Warehousing Company a leading finish automobile servicer provider seeks a talented, creative, and dynamic HR leader to join us at our Regional office located in Canton Michigan.
This position will develop and enforce new and current Human Resource policies and programs. Support and Council Our Operations team and their leadership Terminal / District Managers on Human Resource issues.
- Develops and administers various plans and procedures for the sites.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiencies of the operation.
- Assists in keeping associates informed of all changes in personnel policies, counsels with associates on personnel policies and on personal problems.
- Oversees the management of worker compensation claims.
- Directs employment activities, assuring that properly qualified associates are recruited and hired for exempt and non-exempt positions within the each State operations.
- Interviews job applicants and checks personal qualifications; refers applicants to supervisory personnel for interview; investigates references and handles details of associate induction.
- Coordinates, recommends and participates with facility supervision in disciplinary or termination proceedings.
- Establishes and administers in-house management training programs that address needs of the facility. Provides necessary education and materials to line management and associates.
- Maintains good public relations with various civic organizations, local plants, vendors and business people in the community regarding Human Resource functions.
- Assist in respond to Union grievance, if applicable
- Prepare date for union negotiations and participate and assist in negotiation of contract renewals.
- Establish and maintains general control methods, records and files as required for effective Human Resource function.
- Sets up files on new associates. Records changes on all employee status as needed.
- Ensures accurate repertoire by facility and has been forward and corporate management on requested dates.
The selected candidate will also be adept communicator, have a working knowledge of HRIS & Applicant Tracking systems, MS Office. Will involve travel up to 40% of time. The company offers competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.