To lead the learning function in the Region aligned to Group, Business and to Region/ Country Strategic People agenda, as applicable
• To deliver the quality facilitation & training and ensuring the quality of trainers meet the Group Standards
• To manage and align robust Talent Agenda and activities associated to support it, in order to ensure success of country and regional talent agendas
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Leading the Learning across the Region to ensure that the learning strategy is aligned to Group and implemented consistently
• Oversee learning solutions that support various Induction / Right Start engagement programmes/ provide facilitation support to WB Ready as required.
• Implement a range of Global and Local learning interventions aligned to SPA in Countries where applicable, consistent with Group design and delivery standards.
• Accountable for delivery of Leadership Development programmes ie GMP, LE, Talent, PD courses, etc and to track the progress and impact as per agreed measures with Head of Leadership Development.
• Ensure that all local Leadership development solutions are minimized and refer to the Head of leadership Development where relevant tailoring is needed.
• Keep an oversight of local Technical learning requests, if any from WB, GTO & Specialist Functions and ensure that the concerned Group Business Learning Heads/Programme managers are engaged accordingly as per agreed format.
• Ensure implementation of the relevant learning intervention to support the attrition & engagement agenda of the bank
• Periodic review with Head of Product Delivery, Head of Leadership Development on the progress of the Leadership Development programmes and with Group WB Learning Head on WB agenda.
• Ensure facilitator standards of Learning facilitators & line managers in collaboration with Leadership Development Facilitators Coach
• Work closely with LSSC in streamlining and migration of end to end processes
• Leverage the Group standard key metrics & ensure relevant metrics are tracked against the plans. Any new metrics need to be centrally agreed by Head of Product delivery.
Oversight in transitioning talent activities to Talent Management Office (TMO) designee, HRRMs, Learning, and/or TA to align talent function to end state structure in the next 12 months.
• Develop the Country Talent agenda aligned to Group/ Business Talent agenda in partnership with Country Head of HR.
• Partner and Leverage Talent management Office in Chennai to drive the Country Talent agenda, e.g. IG, engagement conversations, periodic survey on HIPO engagement.
• Provide country-specific feedback to the Group Talent & Learning Head, Business Talent Heads to help them ensure products are practical, relevant, value-adding and timely.
• Periodic review with Regional/ Country Manco/ People Forums on Talent pools e.g. H4 in partnership with Regional Head of HR.
• Provide specialist consultation to business stakeholders to deliver tailored talent development interventions by configuring and utlilizing Group Talent or Learning solutions in consultation with Group/Business Talent Heads.
• Work with Business Talent Heads and HRRMs to manage the implementation of development programmes for Global and Local talent pools.
• Project manage and coach HRRMs on key Talent agenda items in order to equip them with the skills in driving Talent initiatives e.g. H4 transparency conversation.
• Ensure the Talent support required in delivery of internal resourcing plans in partnership with Talent Acquisition.
• Provide support to the Regional Head of HR on succession planning aligned to Group standards.
• Advise and support development of Successors (Manco‘s One-downs’ group) and ensure progress is made on development plans.
• Ensure standardisation of Learning operating model including structure across region
• Maintenance of consistent Global governance standards in geographic area of responsibility across regions. E.g. Vendor management, self assurance review checks in key risk areas related to training, Risk register rollout, policy and procedures.
• Manage Risk and Control area with high standard of controls and testing where required.
• Levels & quality of learning activity in country / region
• Outcome measures within Integrated CB Learning framework
• Delivery as per the defined metrics
• VOC feedback
• Peer feedback
• Engagement of the Learning and CBA teams
• Regional MANCO/ Committees
• Regional / Country WB Business Heads
• Management Team
• Group Leadership and Management Development Team
• Group Business Learning Heads
• Country / Regional HR Heads
• External Agencies, Vendors
Qualifications & Skills
Skills and Knowledge
• Team Leadership
• Facilitator Excellence
• Relationship (Stakeholder) Management
• Change Management
• Performance Consulting
• Planning and Organising
• Delivering Results
• Written and Verbal Communication skills
• Business Acumen
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Standard Bank Group sets the standard for sub-Saharan banking. Standard Bank, South Africa's largest bank, offers a variety of retail...