Standard Chartered Bank’s internal control structure includes three levels of defence: (i) the risk owner; (ii) independent compliance monitoring; and (iii) internal audit. FCR Monitoring is a significant compliance theme in the second line of defence incorporating critical regulatory areas with multi-jurisdictional requirements such as: Anti-Money Laundering/ Combating Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF), Sanction programs compliance, anti-bribery and other FCR topics.
The FCR Monitoring – Americas position is responsible for providing vital, independent assurance that FCR activities performed by FCR Americas are operating in accordance with Group policies, procedures and minimum standards. The position reports directly to the Global Head of FCR Monitoring to achieve effective FCR monitoring coverage on a global basis.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Managing a world class FCR Monitoring function focused on Americas activities and supported functions in covered GSSCs by instituting a robust second line of defence for Anti-Money Laundering/ Combating Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF), Sanctions Processing, Anti-Bribery and other FCRs.
• Working with the Global Head of FCR Monitoring to coordinate Americas FCR Monitoring policies, procedures and standards on a global basis.
• Assisting the Global Head of FCR Monitoring and working with respective functions such as Group Legal and Compliance to ensure that global FCR policies, procedures and standards comply with data privacy, outsourcing and banking secrecy requirements.
• Preparation of an annual risk based Americas FCR Monitoring plan for incorporation into a Global FCR Monitoring plan incorporating existing monitoring processes and recommending additional thematic reviews.
• Implementing the Americas FCR Monitoring plan by executing planned reviews including, where applicable the management of support staff.
• Provide assistance in the identification of various GSSC, Regional and Country FCR second line of defence activities for inclusion in the overall FCR Monitoring plan to minimize duplication of effort.
• Undertaking specialist systems reviews, particularly for the effectiveness of names screening systems using the Deloitte methodology and benchmarks.
• Defining and announcing FCR Monitoring review scopes to appropriate management and issuing final reports to ensure timely escalation of significant risks and issues identified during FCR Monitoring reviews. Creating supporting review working papers linked to intended scopes and final reports in anticipation of evaluation by third parties including regulatory agencies.
• Coordination of all reviews undertaken by Group Internal Audit (GIA) and regulatory inspectors that have FCR related scopes.
• Tracking of significant issues for all reported issues arising from Americas FCR Monitoring, GIA reviews and regulatory inspections. Using the Global Compliance Tracking Database for all FCR Monitoring review findings.
Leadership and management
• Supports efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders.
• Manages FCR Monitoring team of professionals based in Newark NJ.
• Establishes strong working relationship with key stakeholders such as the Global and Regional Heads of FCR / FCIO’s; Managers of business units subject to FCR reviews such as Cash Management Services, Trade Operations, Research and Investigations; and Compliance Monitoring Departments.
Knowledge development and information management:
• Offers subject matter expertise on FCR Quality Review, drawing on assurance, audit and regulatory inspection intelligence, networks, professional qualifications and experience.
• Ensures timely and effective escalation within the Bank.
• Group FCR network across the Country/Regional Compliance Departments; GSSCs; and Country/Regional business units as associated with Americas FCR reviews.
• Auditors and regulators.
• Peers in other banks and financial crime monitoring organisations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Strong assurance, audit or regulatory inspection experience within a bank/finance environment (preferably in areas such as AML transaction monitoring, sanctions screening).
• Assurance experience in an international environment.
• Superior analytical skills.
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications.
• CAMS certified.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Standard Chartered Bank - 13 months ago
Standard Bank Group sets the standard for sub-Saharan banking. Standard Bank, South Africa's largest bank, offers a variety of retail...