The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership to the Midwest Operations group of one of North America’s largest and most respected Intermodal companies. This includes providing strategic and tactical direction, coaching and development of down line managers and supervisors. Additional accountabilities include providing clear direction, sharing corporate information and executing departmental action plans for results. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Along with direct reports and subordinates, develop business goals and monitor results at the hub / ramp level; facilitating actions to improve performance as appropriate and with a focus on continuous improvement. Identify, implement and monitor key business metrics to drive effective, low cost execution of results.
2. Coach and develop direct reports including leadership of drivers and other associates, key factor performance and profitability of business. Ensure appropriate training and development for all subordinate associates.
3. Coordinate new business start-up with planning and on-site management.
4. Work with cross functional leaders from Sales, Customer Service, Dedicated, Finance and Capacity Development to create, communicate and implement department wide policies and standard operating procedures. Act as liaison to create constancy of purpose and consistency in actions across hubs.
5. Manage strategic departmental, continuous improvement and cross-functional projects, including conceptualization, creation of action plan and measurement of progress and results.
6. Participate in meetings related to driver or equipment capacity and other essential operational issues; provide input on related decisions.
7. Represent the Intermodal field leadership team in meetings and initiatives at the corporate office.
8. Act as a liaison with other Schneider National departments, such as Customer Service, Dedicated, Finance and Capacity Development for the Intermodal Operations field leadership team.
9. Accountable for offices in Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio and Kansas, to include 60 office associates and 450 drivers.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors Degree with a minimum of ten (10) year's management experience and five (5) of which have been in an operational role in the transportation industry Comprehensive knowledge in area of asset based full truck load or intermodal highway operations . Proven leadership of terminals with full P&L accountability. Travel for this role is about 40%
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...