This position is in the NFN (Nationwide Financial Network) group and is part of the NSLC. This position requires a FINRA Series 6 and Life & Health licenses. This position supports all product lines.
JOB SUMMARY: Acquires, grows, and retains strategic relationships with investment professionals (IPs), administrators, and/or plan sponsors and participants (clients) through advising and consulting, in support of business unit sales goals. Works effectively with multiple contact points across the Sales Process (including Investment Professionals, External Wholesalers, Program Directors, Retirement Specialists, Operations, Licensing, Advanced Sales, Circle of Excellence, Strategic Relationships, Marketing, and Product Development).
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Internal Sales Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
1. Proactively initiates daily contacts to targeted IPs or clients to build relationships, discover appropriate needs in which products and services apply, and to consult and advise based on their clients needs. Contacts may be with IPs or clients who have previously done business with Nationwide Financial, or with who have been identified as potential business partners. Potential partners are identified through the focus firm lists and other resources, which are further refined through partnership with external sales.
2. Builds and grows strategic business partnerships and relationships with IPs or clients to meet territory(s) management performance requirements. Acts as a consultative link between IPs or clients and Nationwide Financial. Applies knowledge of industry trends, competitive intelligence, state legislation, market movements, and investment changes/performance to advise and consult with IPs or clients.
3. Profiles and determines viability of IPs or clients in regards to customer needs, business needs, and products. Acts as a consultant to provide the most appropriate strategies/solutions to meet these needs.
4. Appropriately responds to requests from IPs or clients and external sales within assigned territory, regarding support materials such as illustrations, proposals, and product/rider information. Discusses any questions or concerns the IP or client has regarding support materials, and advises them on solutions. Consults with the IPs or clients to address concerns about not using an NF product, and help them be more comfortable with NF¿s solutions in the future.
5. Acts as a consultant by proactively providing financial expertise, recommendations, and practice management advice to IPs or clients within assigned territory(s) including case design, business consultations, product updates, IPs or client training, product rollouts and point of sale consulting.
6. Executes pro-active contacts to IPs or clients in support of campaigns to highlight product features and benefits, and to advise IPs or clients on pertinent sales ideas and solutions (i.e. new/old products, cross-selling opportunities, etc.).
7. Partners with external sales force to consult with IPs or clients in order to grow their business, (via conference calls, e-seminars, branch trainings and one-on-one meetings.) Advises on product and procedural modifications to meet the needs of the IP or client.
8. Engages IPs or clients to retain their business with Nationwide. Probes to understand reasons for asset flight and advises alternative solutions for retention.
9. Consults with relevant functions like Marketing, Sales Development, and Product Development on building competitive products and services that will meet customer needs.
10. Effectively utilizes the resources necessary for appropriate IP or client relationship management, as well as territory management.
11. Satisfactorily achieves scorecard requirements (e.g., including contact minimums, call quality requirements, accurate and timely recordkeeping, and required territory management), Sales Outcomes, and Living the Nationwide Values.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned
Education: Undergraduate studies in Human Ecology, Business, Finance, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred.
Licences/Certifications: FINRA Series 6, 63 and 65, and life & health licenses required. Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: Minimum of four years of experience in a sales driven position. Experience in a sales or service call center environment preferred, as well as financial services background.
Skills/Competencies: Must have a drive for results, demonstrate independent judgement and decision-making, ability for relationship building (both internally and externally), positive outlook, consultative selling/advising skills, ability and willingness to follow processes, good time management/organization skills, be receptive to coaching, have a strong customer focus orientation, ability to balance multiple priorities, and have excellent communication skills including professional presence, listening, rapport building, writing skills, and presentation abilities.
Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of insurance and financial products and the associated sales processes and channels preferred.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director of area and HR Consultant
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt).
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 14 months ago