Oversee all Cost Control functions, including invoice and General Contractor Requests for Payment, budget and contract preparation.
Essential Job Functions:
· Creates and maintains specification and pricing databases for local catalogs.
· Verifies appropriate documentation of payment requests from contractors (lien releases, etc.)
· Trains new project managers on cost control software.
· Calculates capitalized interest and quarterly liability.
· Maintains historical cost information.
· Assimilates project budget information and analyzes the budget and projected costs.
· Creates projects in the procurement system and in the Capital Appropriation systems.
· Communicates accurate information between contractors and vendors.
· Reports capital for Progress Report.
· Ensures the department’s invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manager.
· Liaison with Construction, Real Estate, Accounting and Legal department.
· Maintains project complete date and PO transfers in the procurement system.
· Closes procurement system projects in a timely manner.
· Maintains project folders and documents, including contracts, purchase orders, lien waivers, requests for payment.
· The associate must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
· Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
· Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
· Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
· Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
· Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
· Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
· Coaching - Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
· Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
· Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
· Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
· Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· Strong accounting and/or bookkeeping background
· Knowledge of the procurement system and various mainframe accounting applications.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· Accounting experience.
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 18 months ago