CarMax is looking for a Regional Loss Prevention Manager (RLPM) to join CarMax’s growing field operation. The position will support several regions in the eastern U.S., with opportunities to grow into a single-region leadership role as CarMax expands. The RLPM will support several Regional Loss Prevention Directors in all facets of CarMax's LP program, including:
- Investigating all known or suspected losses and serious violations of CarMax's Asset Protection Policy and Code of Business Conduct.
- Developing and conducting training for store managers and associates related to LP programs and controls.
- Implementing, auditing and constantly evaluating all LP controls, including physical security elements, surveillance tools, and key policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform investigations for loss prevention issues that arise in the stores, including suspected losses or violations of the asset protection policy.
2. Deliver technical training to managers and associates on loss prevention policies and procedures, controls, and programs.
3. Support and audit loss prevention controls, including:
o Systems-related security: Ensure that passwords are protected, that only the correct people have security level assess, and that customer and proprietary information is protected.
o Physical asset security: Vehicles, parts, buildings, etc. Ensure that cameras are in working order, and are positioned correctly.
o Human resources and environmental security: Supports Human Resources and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) initiatives, such as assisting with root cause analysis, ensuring equipment and procedures are in place and functioning appropriately.
4. May participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years (5+ preferred) experience in loss prevention. Multi-unit retail experience preferred. Comparable law enforcement or senior store management may be considered
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and various CarMax applications and research databases proficiently.
• High School education required, 4 year college degree preferred.
• Certified Forensic Interview (CFI) certification and Wicklander Zulawski “Interrogation Techniques” training preferred.
• Relocation to support regional expansion
This position requires frequent travel across several regions and candidates must have adaptability and flexibility with their work schedule.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image to applicants and associates.
• The position requires strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Database experience, preferred.
• Ability to think critically and function in a demanding environment.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment based on best practice, policy, and precedent.
Carmax - 30+ days ago