Provide LP support to multiple locations. Conduct loss prevention investigations, training, and audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform investigations for loss prevention issues that arise in the stores, including suspected losses or violations of the asset protection policy.
2. Deliver technical training to managers and associates on loss prevention policies and procedures, controls, and programs.
3. Support and audit loss prevention controls, including:
o Systems-related security: Ensure that passwords are protected, that only the correct people have security level assess, and that customer and proprietary information is protected.
o Physical asset security: Vehicles, parts, buildings, etc. Ensure that cameras are in working order, and are positioned correctly.
o Human resources and environmental security: Supports Human Resources and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) initiatives, such as assisting with root cause analysis, ensuring equipment and procedures are in place and functioning appropriately.
4. May participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years experience in loss prevention, law enforcement, senior store management or comparable required. Multi-unit retail experience preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and various CarMax applications and research databases proficiently.
- High School education required, 4 year college degree preferred.
- Certified Forensic Interview (CFI) certification and Wicklander Zulawski “Interrogation Techniques” training preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to applicants and associates.
- The position requires strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Database experience, preferred.
This position requires frequent travel across several regions and candidates must have adaptability and flexibility with their work schedule. The ability to relocate is an asset for career growth within the organization.
- Ability to think critically and function in a demanding environment.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment based on best practice, policy, and precedent.
CarMax - 2 years ago