The Regional Marketing Coordinator will provide local, wide ranging added-value marketing support to the Latin America and Offshore America’s sales region which builds upon the output of the central marketing unit. This allows straight forward, tactical and short notice local requirements to be addressed more quickly and practically than feeding requests into a central resource. Consistency with group marketing and compliance strategy is an important control function of this role. The motivation for activity and output will be regional though a focus on the opportunity to leverage that work across all divisions is also important. The role is not that of a sales support which will be the responsibility of a local sales support team. A knowledge of the local regulatory environment will be important.
The role has a joint reporting line, this role reports to the International Marketing function in Dublin and the local Head of Business. International Marketing management is focused on strategy and scope of responsibilities. Local management by the Head of Business will control workflow and priorities. Performance measurement and associated matters such as compensation will be determined in accordance with the GOM, led by the functional manager.
- Development of regional marketing strategy for 2012.
- Work with the international marketing team to ensure local activity is consistent with group strategy.
- The role will principally involve activities in three main functional areas: marketing communications, public relations and events.
- Coordinate with the general Marketing Communications teams to coordinate efforts and maximize resources.
- Feeding local requirements into strategic marketing communications development initiatives.
- Where appropriate, tailoring and adapting central output for local requirements either client or segment specific.
- Develop and execute local value added marketing campaigns that can assist the promotion of our capabilities.
- Satisfy where possible local request for ad-hoc marketing material, either independently (subject to consistency and compliance requirements) or in conjunction with central support.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the key objectives of the International PR function.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of local PR Strategy.
- Work with Internal Marketing PR function and local PR Agencies to develop and maintain a list of journalist contacts, ensuring that Pioneer Investments has a strong position and reputation in the region.
- Day to day relationship with external agencies ensuring consistency of strategy, messages, positioning and sharing of ideas.
- Develop and maintain a list of approved, internal, media spokespeople and ensure they receive appropriate media training.
- Manage the delivery of these messages through the most appropriate means, e.g. press releases, press conferences, press articles, internal newsletters etc.
- Work with central events team for guidance and direction where necessary on larger significant events.
- Manage regional events activity including internal and external events, conferences and sponsorships. Project planning for local marketing activities.
- Work with Head of International Marketing for local activity budget planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Series 7 & 66 licenses.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in marketing or sales support with an investment management or financial services company.
- Proven experience of producing high quality written marketing communications.
- Knowledge of local US regulatory environment and how it impacts Asset Management activities.
- Commitment to team working – local and remotely.
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Fluent in English and relevant local languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and demanding sales people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under time pressure and with accuracy.
Pioneer Investments - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard