Brainlab is currently recruiting a highly motivated Regional Marketing Manager to lead and develop North American regional marketing strategies for our current surgical navigation platform business as well as our evolving eHealth product portfolio. This product portfolio is focused on assisting medical professionals in the operating room and managing imaging data pre and post surgery. You will successfully contribute to the launch of the latest products and drive the future growth and profitability of this evolving and growing business by leveraging comprehensive marketing skills. This role can be based near any major U.S. airport/city.
• Define regional marketing strategies
• Actively manage article portfolio over product life cycle
• Work closely with the technical product manager and product marketing in our Munich, Germany Headquarters
• Work closely with our North American sales organization to drive growth and profitability
• Market analysis: Continuously monitor and analyze the North American market in assigned product area with the regional sales team; Provide market feedback to Director of Marketing and Product Managers (HQ) on regular basis and incorporate findings into regional marketing plan; Analyze and monitor sales forecasts, project pipeline and historical installed base; share and discuss strategy.
• Business development: Analyze, plan and develop existing / implement new sales channels (partners, distributors), models (fee per use, reimbursement, financial justification) and key accounts. Monitor and provide quarterly summaries.
• Regional marketing plan: Develop product line specific regional marketing plan, including detailed budgets and actions plans.
• Marketing campaigns / product launches: Design and execute campaigns/launches as determined in marketing plan; ensure marketing activities are designed as comprehensive and cohesive campaigns.
• Marketing Collateral: Develop marketing collateral in cooperation with Marketing Communications (Chicago team) based on digital content and product specific marketing plans. Adjust messaging to regional specifics; provide Marketing Communications with completed briefings/marketing plan; ensure content is up-to-date throughout product lifecycle.
• Sales Tools Evaluation: Monitor the effectiveness of provided sales tools (i.e. PowerPoint, digital media, collateral etc.) and report back to Director of Marketing.
• Marketing Events / Tradeshows: Work with Director of Marketing, Events Manager and Sales to develop event concepts, using the exhibition briefing template (products, messaging); contribute to internal and external pre- and post-event marketing (such as customer invitations); complete event report, using event report template; monitor follow-up actions after event.
• Reference sites: Work with Key Account Managers to maintain and develop new reference sites relationships and clinical cooperation sites. Develop and implement reference site programs including customer product training, speaker training, clinical papers, etc.
• Key account management: Work closely with Sales to help with strategic selling by designing sales programs, hospital targeting (national accounts, key accounts) in the assigned product area
• Sales Training: Identify sales training needs, coordinate and implement sales training programs in collaboration with Sales and Product Management (HQ).
• Customer training courses: Responsible for planning and executing customer training courses in own product area
• Regulatory affairs: Work together with QM to ensure the respect of quality management guidelines (SOPs & WOIs) for marketing projects
• Monitor product success: work together with Director of Marketing and Product Manager (HQ) to monitor financials such as revenue, forecasts, profitability
• Interfaces: Director of marketing, Sales Directors, Regional Sales Managers, Product Managers (HQ), Strategic Marketing, Marketing Communications
• In total, candidate should have more than 5 years working experience, with more than 3 years experience in marketing (product management, regional marketing and/or strategic marketing)
• Ideally the candidate has formal marketing education, with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• Experience in the medical industry is highly desired, with relevant industry experience in OR integration preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Superior presentation skills, in both large audience and small group or 1-on-1 settings.
• Strong business acumen and savvy, utilized best when pro-actively identifying specific marketing needs and implementing a solution
• Travel (70%) required, about 10% of which will be international
In return for the experiences listed above we will provide a business casual environment, competitive compensation package including medical, dental, life, LTD, STD, and matching 401k benefits and much more.
Brainlab - 24 months ago