Parsons Brinckerhoff, a leader in transportation engineering for over 125 years is seeking a regional marketing manager for our Mountain States region located in Denver or any other office location throughout the geography including Tempe, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, or Las Vegas. The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for a diverse range of activities that support the overall positioning of PB in their region and local areas and contribute to achieving the region’s annual sales and funding goals. Approximately 50% of the Regional Marketing Manager’s activities will be externally focused, with responsibility for developing and managing key client relationships; gathering and disseminating market/pursuit intelligence, building pipeline across all transportation market sectors, and maintaining a strong PB brand image within the industry. Internal responsibilities include driving the organization to achieve overall marketing objectives, and deploying resources to successfully pursue specific projects and strategic opportunities. The Regional Marketing Manager will ensure that all marketing efforts are in conformance with PB’s Pursuit Management process and foster internal development and training to enhance the skills and capabilities of regional marketing staff.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
Client Relations Management
- Oversee development and implementation of Client Relations Management Plans with each Area Manager.
- Ensure all staff that will have direct client responsibilities have participated in PB’s client relations training.
- Establish and maintain personal client relations with selected clients.
- Audit the effectiveness of Client Relations Management Plan.
Regional Marketing Management
- Maintain high level of regional focus on pipeline development.
- Direct ongoing intelligence gathering on client issues, decision makers, and pursuit status.
- Track results of all pursuits and analyze data to uncover trends by client, markets, size, pursuit staff, etc.
- Monitor competitors’ pursuit process.
- Identify candidates (internal and external) for marketing staff positions.
- Develop and implement the regional marketing budget.
- Oversee development and implementation of Civic Engagement Plans with each Area Manager and Regional Business Manager.
- Manage the Go/No-Go decision making process with the Area Managers.
- Ensure that the Pursuit Management Process is followed for all pursuits.
- Coordinate with Corporate and other regions to ensure that a qualified Pursuit Manager is assigned to every strategic pursuit.
- Assign Proposal Managers and Graphics Technicians to all pursuits.
- Coordinate with other regions for peak marketing staff needs.
- Serve on the Red Team for all strategic pursuits.
- Ensure debriefs are performed on all lost opportunities, and incorporate critical intelligence in future pursuit efforts.
- Engage in, and contribute to the Pursuit Management Process on selected opportunities.
- Audit the Pursuit Management Process.
Marketing Staff Management
- Recommend the appropriate regional marketing staffing level and distribution.
- Review performance of staff and identify future development areas.
- Train and mentor marketing staff and help them achieve Professional Associate certification.
- Balance staff workload to ensure proper balance and allocation of resources.
- Take both outside and internal courses on appropriate subjects.
- Participate in professional societies and trade shows.
- Directly manage several pursuits
- Over ten years of experience in transportation industry or related sector with an established track record in meeting sales goals for a multi-state region.
- Experience in leading and winning large strategic pursuits.
- Knowledge of PB history and key markets in the region is preferred.
- Keen understanding of the competitive environment and regional players.
- Established relationships with teaming partners and key client decision makers.
- Knowledge of local politics in the region.
- The ability to work within the United States immediately is required.
- Competitive passion for winning and the ability to build that passion in others.
- Strategic thinker that can look at the big picture and drive strategy to achieve tactical objectives.
- Ability to listen to others and identify key issues from clients and silver bullets from technical staff.
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of individuals and engender trust.
- High ethical standards.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...