The Marketing Specialist assists the corporate marketing team and field sales in brand management, marketing communications, event marketing, digital marketing and print/project management across a specific regional market. This position will interact with all departments, levels and functions of the company, in addition to vendors, and company partners. The individual should be capable of developing strong relationships, both internal and external, in supporting strategic marketing initiatives as needed. The role requires demonstrated problem-solving skills, creative skills, project management skills and expertise in writing, editing, and proofreading. This individual will have some supervision but should be able to take ownership of responsibilities and drive programs to completion in a growing department and company.
Marketing Communications and Branding
Product Marketing and Sales Support
- Provides support in communicating the corporate image (including products, business plans and management communications) through researching, writing and editing all forms of internal and external communication.
- Works on the planning, implementation, development and communication of regional marketing campaigns.
- Accountable for communications and brand standards within a region to maintain brand consistency across the organization
- Work with corporate marketing and customers in developing content for use across multiple communication channels
- Maintains campaign data and tracks performance for local marketing efforts in CRM.
- Provide copy, proofing and editing support for all brand-supportive communication including the corporate web site.
- Supports local PR, community and reputation management activities.
- Investigates, recommends and implements improvements to communications strategies based on local market needs and approval of supervisor.
- Prepares presentations for executives, experts and field sales.
- May serve on special project teams as needed.
- Supports product launches in market to ensure sales force is prepared to sell
- May assist in coordinating local sales training programs
- Supports local market activities supporting channel partner development
- Assist in trafficking marketing materials from design to delivery through coordination with internal departments and external vendors.
- Works in matrixed relationship between direct manager and program manager to ensure timely completion of projects and campaigns.
- Ensure local market leaders are informed of marketing plans, progress and results through regular status reports/meetings and proactive communication.
- Coordinate projects with internal departments to promote brand awareness at corporate events, sponsorship opportunities and conferences.
- Coordinate logistics for media events and trade shows, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Procures and coordinates vendor services.
- Manage association memberships and assist with event scheduling and coverage.
- Perform maintenance and updates to existing internal and external websites, ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with required standards; proofread copy.
- Coordinates local social media efforts with following corporate social media policies and standards.
- Writes press releases using pre-determined key words to benefit SEO
- Coordinate details of print production between internal teams and external vendors.
- Supports market research projects to deliver valuable competitor and internal and external customer insights as the basis for long term brand growth, preparing and formatting reports as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing or sales support role.
- Must demonstrate strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in marketing or marketing communications in a small business environment
- Experience in demand generation and marketing campaign management
- Skilled at both traditional and digital marketing.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM skills.
- Experience using graphic software a plus (Adobe Acrobat Standard, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and successfully multi-tasking
Peak 10 provides data center management, Web hosting, and other services from nearly 20 data centers located in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky,...