Regional Marketing Specialist
The Regional Marketing Specialist will act as the primary contact for all 1600+ Staples Retail stores chainwide for GM’s who are looking for new marketing opportunities for their stores or are requiring assistance with other field questions. This position requires constant attention to the marketing programs to drive traffic and increase sales for established stores through the use of broadcast and print media to grassroots marketing through local chambers of commerce. Applicants for this position should be team-oriented individuals with excellent project management and communication skills for working with the field. The applicant should be able to handle many smaller-scale marketing initiatives at once and therefore should be very detail-oriented and organized. The individual should be an innovative thinker capable of evaluating existing processes and make recommendations to streamline for better efficiency and savings.
Execute cross-channel marketing activities based on Regional strategy; Co-create District wide marketing plans with the SR. Regional Marketing Manager
Manage budget and reporting
- Evaluate performance by market, including sales, key category penetration, and customer metrics; Develop market-specific plans to address unique dynamics/challenges
- Serve as primary point of contact for existing stores marketing programs; Communicate with Field, Store Operations, Finance and Marketing partners on an ongoing basis so that marketing treatment, rationale and results are well understood by all stakeholders. Manage all grassroots marketing efforts for stores including chamber of commerce events and identifying opportunities for other store-specific events or sponsorships
- Ensure that all marketing vehicles (those directly managed, and those owned by other parties) are being executed appropriately and in a way that meets stores’ objectives.
- Proactively seek opportunities to continuously improve existing market programs, both in enhancing offerings and reducing costs
Partner with Internal Advertising Agency for creative development
- Set up events and manage budget in Adcost on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure marketing spend is aligned within budget parameters, overall as well as within Fixed and Variable breakouts.
- Proactively communicate budget favorability or un-favorability with supervisor on an ongoing basis.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve efficiency and ROI.
- Develop business briefs and manage the creative process
- Evaluate creative to ensure projects are on strategy, on budget and on time.
- Create and produce both market-wide and store-specific materials. Ensure vehicles are aligned with chain-wide seasonal programs and key strategic initiatives.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the year
- Proven ability to multi-task, be able to manage details and deadlines of many projects at once and problem solve quickly and effectively
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, especially across Marketing, Store Operations and the Field
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, the following programs: Microsoft PowerPoint, Adcost, Business Objects, InDesign and Oracle
- An ability to understand what is happening in the market and develop programs that will address the issue quickly
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples is a world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities leader. In fact, we're one of the world’s top five online retailers...