CityEats, a new restaurant-focused digital venture, is seeking a Regional Online Editor to focus on the cities of San Francisco and Chicago. Reporting to the VP of Content Strategy, this person executes day-to-day editorial operations of his or her city sites and develops unique content experiences that deliver on traffic and conversion goals for our partner restaurants in his or her region. The culture of this new business is innovative and fast-paced. CityEats functions as a start-up with the backing of a profitable parent company allowing us to push the boundaries of discovery and guide our audience on all things related to dining out. |
The Regional Editor reports to the VP of Content Strategy for CityEats and is tasked with implementing CityEats editorial strategies in relevant markets, including daily production of content and promotions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops content on specific areas of CityEats in regional markets, including: restaurant content, site promotions and local blogs through demonstrated interest in and understanding of food, restaurants and lifestyle content.
· Represents CityEats locally at events, community outreach, in social media and through press opportunities.
· Liase with CityEats core team in NYC and operations to ensure timely and accurate promotion of restaurant partners and manage edits and updates of profiles pages.
· Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and remain calm, flexible and focused under tight deadlines with shifting priorities.
· Work with multiple teams to create content for local sites and social media (ie viral video and/or relevant local brand extensions on, for example, Twitter or Google+).
· Manage selection and onboarding processes for freelance staffs in relevant locations; schedules freelance writer assignments.
· Researches and recommends sales priorities in regional launch markets; develops recommendations for pipeline.
· Works with restaurants, writers, photographers and videographers to ensure accuracy of content.
· Work to streamline day-to-day workflow processes for improved efficiency.
· Develops original content daily: Write and edit content packages, blog posts and articles in the context of national content strategy, and monitor metrics via Google Analytics.
· Contribute to the editorial vision and brand strategy of CityEats.
· Through the use of Google Analytics and other web metrics, understand how original and curated content can attract and serve targeted digital audience, and contribute to the development of relevant content.
· The regional editor represents the site and its extensions in operational meetings and projects, with service and operational groups including but not limited to operations, sales, marketing, analytics, product, development, and outside vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, with focus on food, restaurants and lifestyle content.
· Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
· Knowledge of primary research, writing, editing, and copy style.
· Knowledge of HTML, web content management tools and database work, WordPress, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to use web technology.
· Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work, and to work independently (centralized team is in New York).
· Ability to manage work of self and others.
· Advanced attention to detail.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or other directly related area or equivalent experience and 5 years experience at a consumer online publication or equivalent. Start-up experience as well as demonstrated passion for or knowledge of restaurants and food preferred
Scripps Networks - 17 months ago