The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity
SolarCity®, a leading provider of solar power financing, design, installation and service for residential and commercial markets, is seeking an Operations Manager to provide the day-to-day supervision and coordination of the pre-design process and construction for the installation, maintenance, alteration, repair, and/or replacement of solar systems and to manage required equipment inventory.
• Provide leadership to oversee the field engineering, material distribution and construction phases of the project
• Validate the status monitor daily to assure the jobs are correctly categorized and take ownership of all of the jobs that are in a status that are controlled by the region and expedite them forward
• Expedite and/or amend the project schedule as to reflect work in progress
• Understand and implement installation and operation processes and/or procedures
• Coordinate the most cost effective field engineering process and construction methods and materials for the project
• Coordinate all safety compliance requirements
• Provide new hire orientation using company guidelines and materials
• Provide staff performance reviews as required
• Coordinate and adjust personnel as needed to meet company commitments for the field engineering, installation, commissioning and servicing of regional solar projects
• Collect feedback from staff and coordinate an appropriate response from management
• Assist the Regional Director as needed to maintain the integrity of the regional office
• Must have a BS or BA degree in engineering, architecture, or related field or ten (10) years of equivalent experience
• Must have at least five (5) years of management experience, at least four (4) of which in the construction industry.
• Five (5) years progressive experience in the solar photo voltaic business with at least fifty completed installations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
• Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
• Mathematical Skills: The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to develop basic formulas typically used and commuted in the construction industry. Ability to use formulas to develop spreadsheets as needed and uses by SolarCity.
• Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with the ability to perform word processing, spread sheets and data base management functions on a personal computer and/or laptop computer. Ability to learn SolarCity proprietary software.
• Technical Skills: The ability to read plans, specifications, diagrams, equipment submittals and material data sheets. Knowledge of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials practices. Knowledge of residential and commercial electrical systems. Ability to learn and/or use Computer-Aided-Design (AutoCAD).
• Organizational Savvy
• Job Quality
• Decision Making/Judgment
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and stock options
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
SolarCity - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...