Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Orica is seeking a professional, change-minded Operations Manager to take on the management and development of a multi-site region based in our facility in Bluffdale (Salt Lake City) Utah. As our business seeks to change from a product provider to a solutions-focused company, we’re seeking to make supporting changes to our operational management structure.This individual will manage and develop the assigned multi-site region while accomplishing corporate goals in a safe and profitable manner.
Core QualificationsWe are looking for leadership experience with the following characteristics - from the Mining, Quarry, Construction or related industries:
- Assist in developing strategic market plans to promote Orica services, products and personnel.
- Maintain current customer contacts and help develop new key strategic accounts.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met and maintain a ZERO Classification Accident Rate.
- Prepare budgets, and business plans and operating procedures for the area.
- Conduct ongoing marketing and financial analysis to identify opportunities to grow sales, improve productivity and improve margins.
- Develop staff and team leaders to ensure they can perform well, with a focus to growing leaders within the business.
- Operations are managed in multi-site, multi-layered reporting structures.
- Including direct and indirect reports of small employee teams.
- With responsibility for capital equipment and vehicles.
- Standard management and reporting tools (financial, reporting, etc.) are enhanced with sound project, change management tools and continuous process improvement frameworks like Lean or Six Sigma.
- Customer interaction, consultation and relationship development are key responsibilities of operational employees at all levels.
- Operations and sales work together to effectively find, analyze and meet customer needs in order to grow business.
- Operational elements include manufacturing, warehousing and truck delivery of product.
- Compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines (like DOT, OSHA, MSHA, etc.) are essential to daily work life.
- Technology changes are enhancing the team’s ability to deliver.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- At least 8 years’ of operational management experience of multi-layered employee groups of 60 or more
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus.
- Experience with or training in formal project management, change management and/or continuous process frameworks and tools.
- A track record of well-planned improvements in all operational areas to support strategic change initiatives, including the ability to evaluate and enhance current methods and technologies.
- A history of working within a network of regions to share ideas and craft solutions to common challenges.
- An obvious ability to make structured, sound decisions within a framework and drive revenue, cost and operations with moderate oversight.
- Experience with demanding customers whose businesses are highly dependent on the timing and quality of delivered services.
Orica USA - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard