Experience with leading and management in a manufacturing facility. Coordinating with the Regional Director, assist with the development of Facility Management and Improvement Plans for regional locations as assigned. Based on these plans and working with site and central engineering leaders, facilitate project portfolio management for the region, including project prioritization, process optimization and capital budget management. According to the regional project portfolio and using proper project management methodology, provide leadership, development, design, execution, and completion of capital projects entailing new or replacement facilities at Eastern Region locations consistent with Hexion’s EH&S principles and policies. Work with site engineering and maintenance associates to appropriately share project assignments depending on size, complexity and resource availability.
Regional Improvement Planning
A. Facility Management Plans
B. Work with regional plant leaders, process engineers, safety and environmental professionals to develop facility management plans for each site within assigned region.
C. From facility management plans, work with the site leaders and the regional leadership team to develop a prioritized project portfolio for each regional site.
D. Create, maintain and report capital budgets for each site.
II. Project Leadership and Execution – Comply with Build and Modify Process for Assigned Projects
A. Business Planning and Alternative Analysis
1. Determine project objectives in business terms.
2. Develop high-level alternatives to meet the project objectives.
3. Determine project constraints, e.g. regulatory, legal, cost, etc.
4. Determine rough scope and cost estimates for each alternative.
5. Based on risk reduction or return on investment metric, develop a recommendation.
6. For the recommended alternative, develop a preliminary ex cution plan.
B. Front-end Engineering
1. Determine project performance criteria.
2. Evaluate and select technical alternatives to satisfy the performance criteria.
3. Develop sufficient design documentation to support accurate cost estimating and required design reviews.
4. Coordinate and document required design reviews.
5. Finalize project costs, justification, prepare detailed execution plan and submit Investment Proposal.
C. Project Execution
1. repare detailed design documents sufficient for efficient project construction.
2. Specify, design, and procure necessary equipment and materials.
3. Select and supervise outside consultants and contractors.
4. Manage, control and document design changes.
5. Coordinate construction activities with production requirements.
6. Control and report design and construction progress against the execution plan.
7. Control and report on project cost against the original budget.
8. Provide engineering support of start-up team.
D. Evaluate Project Performance
1. Evaluate operating performance against performance criteria.
2. Correct performance deficiencies in a timely manner.
3. Document lessons learned.
4. Declare the fixed assets created by the project.
5. Document the as-built design sufficiently to comply with Responsible Care and support future changes.
III. EH&S – Comply with EH&S Guidelines for Assigned Projects
A. Environmental Management
1. Provide necessary design information to support environmental permit applications.
2. Coordinate with government regulatory agencies as necessary for assigned projects.
3. Ensure that Environmental Impact Assessments for applicable projects are conducted.
4. Communicate with the community as appropriate regarding construction activities and operating changes.
B. Coordinate design reviews for risk management with insurance carrier and corporate risk management department.
C. Comply with all OSHA Process Safety Management requirements.
1. Conduct effective process hazard analyzes of assigned projects.
2. Manage, control, and document changes during the course of project execution.
3. Document the design basis of all safety systems.
4. Ensure that Pre-startup Safety Reviews are conducted.
D. Comply with applicable elements of the Hexion Safety Manual and local requirements.
E. Contractor Relations
1. Screen contractors based on safety programs and performance.
2. Properly orient contractors to the construction site.
3. Supervise contractor activities and control access to the site.
F. Ensure that operating procedures for new facilities are developed.
Minimum 8-10 years of applicable experience in a manufacturing environment
- Plant operating experience with demonstrated leadership and management in production or maintenance roles of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing facility.
- Extensive travel required ( >50%). Position is developmental, so willingness to relocate is also required.
- Experience working in a Union environment preferred.
- Utilization of Six Sigma methodoligy is preferred.
- Change management skills are a must.
B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through momentive.com, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently a Momentive employee, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Percent of Travel
momentive - 16 months ago