Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. Built upon foundations of opportunity, we take a disciplined approach to every aspect of commercial retail real estate. Whether it's redevelopment, property management, or acquisitions, we make sound, strategic decisions based on solid demographics, broad experience, and stable resources. This has led to a high quality portfolio of assets. We turn commercial real estate into exciting destination retail centers that suit their exceptional locations.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is sourcing for an experienced Regional Property Manager that will be located in Fresh Meadows and will manage the operations of a portfolio in the greater Metropolitan New York area, New Jersey and Connecticut area. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to utilize their experience to implement new and existing policies/procedures, set up controls and best practices within their assigned portfolio . This position will partner with the financial and strategic directors of the region to be able to enhance the portfolio’s value creation. The candidate will have past retail property management experience that will enable them to be influential in the areas of operations, tenant relations, security, procurement, contract management and risk management in order to achieve maximum productivity and profitability while maintaining the highest level of corporate standards. This person will have the highest level of personal integrity, intelligence and broad thinking characteristics to succeed.
• Review and approve annual property operating budgets, monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with budget parameters, prepare monthly variance reports and quarterly budget reforecast reports.
• Management and Operation of Central Plant(Steam and Chilled Water) including supervision of contracted service provider, review of tenant billings, control and analysis of operating costs
• Create and maintain operations standards and procedures
• Create and implement a regional procurement program with effective contract management.
• Develop and maintain positive tenant relations.
• Manage all controllable expenses within budget without compromising the portfolio’s integrity
• Develop and implement proactive strategies to resolve property operational and compliance-related challenges within portfolio
• Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition, compliance and overall administration
• Create and maintain long range capital improvements plans.
• Determine job specifications and competitively bid all large maintenance projects and service agreements.
• Submit all routine reports including activity reports, variance reports, property inspections, roof inspections and lighting reports in a timely manner.
• Work cooperatively with Tenant Coordination to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business.
• Perform AR management via phone contacts, in person meetings and collections. review and report status.
• Responsible for processing of all payables associated with assigned portfolio in
• Oversee service providers responsible for the day-to-day operational needs of the shopping center including repair and maintenance, landscaping, housekeeping, waste removal, etc., ensuring that property standards are maintained.
• Understand the significant issues affecting a property's performance. Implement programs or make recommendations to correct problems and enhance positive aspects of each property.
• Must have a minimum of 5 - 8 years prior experience managing retail or mixed-use properties is required
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office software
• Demonstrated experience budgeting, monitoring expenses, preparing monthly management and financial reports, and processing accounts payable
• Previous direct responsibility for negotiating and monitoring large scale maintenance projects and service contracts
In 2012, Federal Realty celebrated 50 years of being a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail...