Regional Property Manager
REGIONAL PROPERTY MANAGER
We are seeking experienced multi-site Regional Property Managers to oversee operations for a portfolio of affordable housing communities. Our communities include all types of affordable and mixed income communities (Conventional, LIHTC, Tax Exempt Bond, and rehab properties). Please note that proven experience in Affordable Housing in a multi-site supervisory role is a REQUIRED to be considered for this position.
The Regional Property Manager is in charge of multiple properties. He or she is responsible for all aspects of the properties’ maintenance and repair, as well as marketing, leasing and sales. In addition to these duties, he or she hires, trains and supervises property staff and maintenance personnel and engages third-party contractors to perform certain jobs.
The goal of a Regional Property Manager is to keep the properties in good shape and keep them occupied with residents. This requires that he or she market the properties, negotiate lease agreements, resolve resident problems and ensure the profitability of the business. He or she is required to make regular reports to upper management on the fiscal aspects of the holdings, as well as recommend improvements and renovations.
The position requires leadership and is intended to provide key elements to help the Company in achieving success and growth. Key general goals for the position are as follows:
- Lead and manage a strong property management department
- Establish a professionally trained and effective property management staff
- Maintain positive relationships with regulatory agencies that enhance the Company reputation
- Effectively manage properties to achieve maximum occupancy potential
- Maintain in coordination with the Controller an effective contract and agency administration LIHTC and other regulatory compliance requirements
- Manage the long term financial performance of property assets to benefit the Company
- Manage Capital improvement budgets and capital reserve to maintain property assets effectively.
- Identify asset needs and oversee the improvement process with periodic coordination with the
- Enhance customer service through quality resident relationships and owner satisfaction.
- Identify growth opportunities and lead department to achieve broader Company goals
The ideal candidate will have:
- Three (3) plus years of prior property management experience
- LIHTC/Affordable housing knowledge preferred
- Proficiency with Real Page or similar property management software
- Effective team building and leadership abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Certifications or credentials such as ARM, CPM, COS, or HCCP a plus
- Hold a valid driver's license
The position requires a four year bachelor degree, real estate coursework and a minimum of fifteen years of related experience in property management. Regulatory agency experience and management of affordable housing is also required.
We offer a competitive pay rate plus bonus opportunities and a benefit package that includes: medical, prescription, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Qualified candidates, please apply now. You will be required to pass a criminal background and drug test.