The role of the Regional Property Supervisor is to provide supervision over a portfolio of apartment communities assigned to him or her in a manner consistent with USA Properties fund and USA Multifamily Management standards and expectations, which includes the responsibility of the functions associated with:
- Managing the personnel and activities of USA Multifamily Management’s portfolio, as assigned
Reports to: Senior Regional Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has supervisory responsibilities
Job Classification: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Asset Management: Accountability includes management oversight of assets, logistics, accounting, and reporting within the assigned portfolio.
- Review monthly financial statements and ensure that all necessary measures are in place to achieve or improve upon the stated goals. Prepare annual budgets for each property.
- Analyze current advertising against the market conditions along with the Traffic Reports for each property. Review market surveys and adjust rent schedules as necessary. Discuss traffic reports and ensuing advertising recommendations with the President.
- Ensure that the property is properly staffed with trained employees. Coordinate and conduct training for on-site staff.
- Provide support for on-site staff by reviewing and discussing the Delinquency Report, the Occupancy Report, Property Inspection Reports, and inspecting vacant and market ready units.
- Ensure that the LIHTC guidelines are being followed at all times by property staff.
- Respond in a timely fashion to resident inquiries, compliments and criticisms.
- Provide direction to staff in personnel matters and use of the Employee Handbook in following company policy. Be competent with in-house accounting software.
- Maintains whatever spreadsheets and/or tracking logs are required by department operations.
- Performs all other duties as determined and directed by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Associate degree or equivalent work experience is required. Supervisory experience is required. A minimum of two years experience in managing multiple properties is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating, procedural manuals, and safety documents. Ability to write routine email correspondence. Ability to interact/communicate effectively in a professional and pleasant manner with Vendors, Affiliates, Stakeholders, Corporate Shareholders and Company Employees.
Knowledge of basic accounting principles and the financial principles of real estate management. Ability to effectively reconcile account balances, calculates figures and amounts, and applies intermediate math concepts.
Working knowledge of tenant-landlord laws.
Competence in the LIHTC program, Fair Housing concepts and laws, time management, and supervision of staff.
Perform thorough market analysis and develop a marketing strategy for each property to generate qualified rental traffic. Assure competitive market rates in compliance with tax credit rent rates.
Ability to operate a fax, copier/scanner, telephone, and personal computer.
Ability to operate proficiently within the in-house computer software program, and Microsoft Office Programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
Ability to analyze and deliver recommendations for improvement. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may occasionally call for minor deviations. Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions. Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties while under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner. Ability to solve personnel and resident conflicts in an efficient and equitable manner, while always protecting the interests of the partnerships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to move about the office and access information using a computer and a telephone. Constant travel will be required via car or airplane to various locations in order to visit our properties, interview candidates, preview potential acquisitions, meet with associates, and attend various conferences and seminars.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee will typically be in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes vibrations or temperature changes. There will be frequent computer use at a workstation and frequent use of the telephone. The work usually requires working at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions. Travel to our properties is required on a weekly basis and on occasions requiring travel, the work environment could vary - temperature fluctuations are typical when spending time outside inspecting a property and noise levels and terrain could vary dramatically when visiting one of our properties under construction. Travel by car or airplane, including multiple overnight stays on occasion, will be required.
Policies and Procedures
The employee in this position must be knowledgeable about the company’s policies and procedures as described in the company Employee Handbook.