- Identify strategy relevant for site, region and category – site specific, regional or national
- Perform supply market research for relevant category and strategy
- Analyze and execute (after analysis of market, customer requirements, pricing, category etc.) strategy for regional categories
- Develop and implement cost improvement programs and report savings and other metrics
- Develop cross functional teams to assist in category strategy and implementation
- Manage problem resolution
- Obtain Gatekeepers buy in prior to initiation of category strategy
- Manage multiple suppliers for long term relationships and continuous value add
- Develop and execute contracts and manage service level agreements
- Communicate to stakeholders, customers and project teams on progress, barriers, results, and new opportunities
- Some travel will be required ( less than thirty-percent)
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations. Agree to exceptions when policies or using a contracted policy will not be met.
- Implement world-class procurement practices and technology including e-sourcing, on-line auctions etc.
- Meeting audit requirements when conducted by France and completing assigned tasks.
- BS in Engineering (preferred); or BS or BA in Business or Supply Chain or related field
- Plant (chemical) experience (preferred)
- SAP knowledge and experience a plus
- Multiple site management
- Buyer – personnel management
- CPM (preferred)
- Strong negotiation and contract skills, strong Supplier Management Skills
- Must Be Proficient In Microsoft Office
- Four Plus Years of Procurement, Strategic Sourcing Or Supply Chain Experience
- Two plus years in MRO procurement
- Must Be Able To Adapt To Changing Priorities
- Excellent Ability To Communicate With Internal Customers And Suppliers
Arkema's into vinyl, but not in a weird way. The North American branch of France's Arkema manufactures many vinyl products, such...