The Regional Reimbursement Director (RRD) is primarily responsible for implementing reimbursement information assistance to obtain product coverage from payers. This individual works cross-functionally and collaboratively with the Ampyra Patient Support Services (APSS) center, Sales, Managed Markets, and Commercial Operations to assure these tactics achieve the desired results. In addition, the Regional Reimbursement Director plays a critical role in providing timely feedback / recommendations to Managed Markets Leadership on the success of the information assistance and where and when ‘operational' enhancements should be made. PLEASE REFER TO JOB CODE 5512 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
The Role of the RRD is broken out into ‘four' key areas – Tactical Execution, Business Planning, Customer Relationship Management, and Resource Optimization. A description of the responsibilities is included under each of the roles. Please note that the Core Competencies and Key Behaviors for this Director position are provided under a separate attachment.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
It is the critical responsibility of the RRD to coordinate the execution of reimbursement information assistance provided by APSS.
- RRDs coordinate and deliver reimbursement information assistance to customers, Acorda staff and Acorda's current reimbursement support vendor. They leverage a deep understanding of each customer's environment and actively engage them with the intention of improving information assistance for Ampyra
- Act as key point of contact for APSS, and ensure ongoing communication with field sales regarding account follow-up plans.
The RRD leads the planning process for a specific geography that aligns with overall Acorda goals. The RRD considers customer, market, industry, and organization needs when developing business plans.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGMENT:
- RRDs coordinate closely with RBDs and RADs, gaining knowledge of the customer and market within their Region and then develop specific plans to information assistance with reimbursement as necessary..
The RRD is responsible for developing collaborative relationships with external and internal customers that include physician offices, APSS, Managed Markets and Sales.
- RRDs provide information assistance to prescriber office staff related to working with APSS and the specifics of payer coverage requirements.
- In addition. RRDs coordinate with Regional Account Directors on all Prior Authorization requirements and reimbursement denials generated by Managed Market Accounts.
Ensure that resources have been appropriately identified and are efficiently being utilized to achieve the desired business results. Integrate qualitative and quantitative information, anticipating and adapting to changing market conditions and priorities, and leveraging a sophisticated understanding through the application of RRD and APSS (TheraCom) available resources.
Education and/or Experience :
- Implements the strategies developed to ensure information assistance is provided for Ampyra through effective management of all resources
- Operates within approved budgets
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three to five years related experience in specialty pharmaceutical/biotech reimbursement with a strong understanding of managed care, pharmacy benefits managers and government payers and their impact of product access.
- This should include experience as a sales representative and / or account manager (combined five years).
- Other commercial experience (i.e., managed markets, training, marketing, etc.) is preferred.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of current trends in reimbursement modalities
- Strong project management, analytical thinking and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and strategic relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful strategic initiatives
- Ability to effectively compete for resources both with internal and external customers
- Proven leadership skills and strong business acumen
- Well-developed relationship management and consultative skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and confident, with developed ability to build team work centered on shared commitment and goals to achieve high standards of performance
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations :
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Valid and current driver's license and current auto insurance
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Regional Reimbursement Director is required to travel extensively to work with Customers, APSS and Managed Markets; the average travel for this position is 50-75% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives. While performing this job, this individual will be required to frequently drive or fly. Occasional travel to sales meetings and corporate headquarters is also required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
No specific work demands
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates residing in the PA area are preferred.
Acorda Therapeutics - 12 months ago