Job Title : Regional Rep
Requisition Number : NORTH-2564
Interest Category : Sales / Marketing
Hourly/Salary : Salary
City : Louisville
State : Kentucky
Country : United States
Shift : Days
Are you focused on starting your career? Are you energetic, passionate, and driven? Building material sales exprience not required!:
Take a closer look at James Hardie Building Products. As our Regional Sales Representative working out of your home office, youll be a member of our sales team. In this position, you will work to strategically target potential customers (builders, architects and developers) to generate and grow new business and to successfully convert the target audience from using traditional building products to using James Hardie products. You will also position our unique product value proposition and whole-product solution to the customer to build and enhance new strong customer relationships and to become a superior business partner.
"What's next? Come Home to Hardie". Use marketing savvy and new technology to build strong business relationships with Building Material Dealers, Architects, Contractors, and Builders.
- Works collaboratively with the appropriate Area Sales Manager (ASM) to target and successfully sell to builders within the key target profile, leveraging key channel partners and preferred wholesalers, dealers, and installers;
- Concentrates business-focused selling efforts on customers within the target audience profile to create and retain sales demand for the Companys interior products and positions the Companys value proposition solution to the customer ;
- Manages an assigned sales territory and reports on related marketing activities on a weekly basis; and
- Educates and convinces builders to convert from using their current building products to using the Companys products; and
- Sells the Companys product to contractors and store purchasing agents via in-store channels (Lowes and Home Depot), on the job site, and at appropriate events
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals;
- Proven success in developing new business and generating sales leads by managing a territory and selling activities;
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, crafting a win-win solution (collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in a timely basis) and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale;
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and proprietary software);
- Excellent presentation skills before both small and large groups; and
- Willingness and ability to work from home office environment and structure a productive day with little to no supervision.
- Bachelors degree (in Sales and/or Marketing preferred) (Advanced degree preferred).
- 0-5 years of successful outside sales experience selling value-added, whole solution products to customers within the consumer durables, manufacturing, telecommunications, or other transferable industry.
- Experience with market development concepts [adoption lifecycle, market development checklist, and STP (segmenting / targeting / positioning)] based on sustaining products and innovations.
For over 50 years we have provided quality products and services that contractors and project owners have relied on to build both their...