PURPOSE OF POSITION :
Develop and maximize supply, revenues and profitability among hotels in assigned region in California through analysis, planning, strategic decision-making, solicitation and performance-monitoring in priceline hotel programs: Opaque, Merchant, Vacation Packages.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop and work a market strategy by analyzing and monitoring historical, current and future hotel/market trends.
- Routinely exercise independent discretion and key decision-making to determine market approach and opportunities for hotel supply.
- Analyze booking performance of assigned hotels; create customized reporting to develop a strategic plan specific to market conditions and present recommendations to optimize hotel conversion.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance customer site experience by analyzing performance of assigned region:
- Monitor year-over-year performance of zones within the region; make strategic decisions on changing/adding/deleting zones to maximize customer satisfaction and conversion
- Perform due diligence to make accurate recommendations of hotel star rating levels
- Assist in creating overall strategies for hotel programs by providing market specific information to priceline senior management.
- Research and trouble shoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximizing booking performance, e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, etc.
- Grow bookings, revenues, and gross profit through establishing and maintaining relationships with hotels in assigned region.
Minimum 2 years in a Hotel Revenue Management/Sales position (with exposure to Revenue Management/Pricing)/Account Management position. Knowledge of hospitality principles and practices. Must be analytical, highly organized, proactive, results-oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be a self-starter who is able to work with limited guidance, as well as a team player. Must have the ability to use data to problem-solve and handle objections. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of multiple hotel rate systems a plus.
Hotel revenue management and/or hotel sales experience required.
Knowledge of multiple hotel rate systems a plus.
Priceline.com Incorporated - 11 months ago