In collaboration with the senior leadership team, the Regional Director leads and supports the development and execution of successful sales strategies. Priorities include territory and account planning, sales growth and problem resolution in partnership with District Managers to help develop sales representatives in the field.
• Build, develop and manage sales team. Interview, hire, and train employees. Plan, assign, and direct work; conduct performance review process; manage and resolve employee issues.
• Supervise and coach District Managers to assure regional representatives are competent with regard to technical ability, sales skills, territory planning and administrative duties.
• Establish sales plan to meet organizational objectives and Regional sales goals
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
• Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
• Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
• Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives and/or District Managers.
• Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Act as a liaison between sales department and other sales related units (ie Training and Market Insights).
• Lead training programs in conjunction with Sales Trainer to maximize performance and improve clinical selling skills within the Region • Analyze and control expenditures of Region to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
• Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
• Recommend or approve budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
• Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
• Implements and manages approved distribution strategies
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related field English.
A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results.
Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
The ability to manage sales development and deployment; and problem analysis and resolution at a strategic and functional level.
The ability to implement employee training and development; value strong customer orientation; high performance teams and be a strong team player and ensure commitment to company values.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public; ability to apply
Demonstrated understanding of concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; and ability to solve practical problems.
Self starter with superior communication skills and ability to work in matrixed environments
Demonstrated knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software; Solid Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills;
Minimum 10 years of directly related sales experience in the life science and biotechnology fields. Minimum of 10 years of experience leading sales teams, customer service, marketing or technical support teams.
Pharma (oncology) and Diagnostics experience preferred
Novartis - 13 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...