Sales Executive, Mobile Solutions – Chicago, IL
Blackboard is seeking Sales Hunters to drive revenue from our Mobile Apps and Services to new accounts. The ideal candidate will have the ability to actively and enthusiastically prospect and close new business.
This position reports to the Regional Vice President of Sales, Blackboard Mobile. Ideal candidates will work from a remote home office location.
Job Duties include:
- Develop and execute a new client acquisition plan for Blackboard’s Mobile platform solutions.
- Actively listen to prospects, and understand what they are trying to accomplish and why.
- Efficiently qualify leads, and gracefully walking away from bad ones.
- Persuasively present Blackboard Mobile products and services in alignment with agreed upon needs.
- Effectively communicate territory needs, and secure necessary resources to close business.
- Secure contracts and purchase orders in a timely manner in accordance with published Blackboard processes and procedures.
- Track all sales related progress in Salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Provide accurate, complete forecasts for current and future quarters via SFDC.
- Acquire expert working knowledge of clients, prospects, markets, and Blackboard products and services.
- Meet and exceed the assigned quota for sales of products and services within a territory.
- Focus on prospecting within defined territories by leveraging existing client relationships, referrals, cold calling, social media and marketing.
- Source cross-selling opportunities for our other Blackboard platform sales teams.
- Conduct product demonstrations in person and via Web Conferencing
- Proven track record of consistently over-achieving quota
- Energetic, Confident, Persuasive “Hunter” motivated to win
- Minimum 4 years B2B outside sales experience selling to C-Levels (prior experience selling software-based solutions to Higher Education a plus)
- Tenacity and passion for aggressively prospecting & self-generating leads
- Ability to establish and manage executive level customer relationships
- Strong negotiation, presentation, oral & written communication, and time management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 50%
- Technical aptitude to learn quickly; Must “get it” when it comes to ‘Apps’ and the ‘Mobile Life’
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently while remote
- Startup spirit; adaptable to changes in a growing business
- Computer proficient – Salesforce.com, Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, Web Conferencing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc., a global leader in enterprise technology and innovative solutions that improves the experience of millions of students and faculty for each of our client institutions around the world, every day. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile education solutions including -
Allowing students and faculty to access teaching and learning wherever and whenever they want through a variety of mobile devices. As a native app for iOS and Android, Mobile Learn extends and enriches the course experience of Blackboard Learn, the leading web-based teaching and learning platform.
With Mosaic, universities and schools can build a powerful, native app for their institution in a matter of hours with little to no engineering experience. Apps produced by Mosaic keep our clients' students engaged, strengthen alumni connections, and introduce their institutions to prospective students.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
Blackboard Mobile - 16 months ago
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful...