Based out of Rochester Area, Proofpoint is looking for a self-starting, responsible, mature, highly motivated Field Sales Representative who can work well with a team of corporate sales engineers, as well as individually with customers, partners and remote colleagues. The role will demand interaction with large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization. Responsibilities include the ability to establish strong business relationships at the executive level, conducting sales presentations, coordinating multiple resources within an account and successfully closing business for Proofpoint. The successful candidate will possess a strong business acumen, ability to build a strong business pipeline, accurately forecast and close business and have strong interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Focus on increasing market share for Proofpoint products through outbound telephone prospecting within large enterprise market in Upstate New York, VT, NH& ME. 2500 employees and above in all verticals, minus higher education.
- Uncover prospects in key areas of email security, data privacy, email encryption, SaaS Security, email archiving, and governance.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver on premise and web based product demos.
- Convert prospects into sales by differentiating from the competition, selling to Director and CXO level contacts.
- Team with System Engineers to prepare account strategies and plans.
- Partner with the channel to drive incremental revenue.
- Prepare activity and forecast reports as requested.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Proofpoint’s competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Proofpoint’s value.
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues.
- Ability to coordinate Proofpoint resources to execute a complex sales strategy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web conferencing tools.
- Ability to use CRM and other on-line tools effectively.
- BA/BS preferred
- 5-7 years successful field sales experience in related field. Experience selling to IT departments and IT management is preferred.
- Existing relationships within similar markets is preferred.
Proofpoint - 19 months ago