Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Cable Systems is a leading manufacturer of fiber optic and copper communications system solutions for voice, data and video network applications worldwide. Corning Cable Systems is wholly owned by Corning Incorporated.
Corning Cable Systems offers the broadest range of end-to-end fiber optic and copper product solutions for customers' telecommunications networks. Our customer-focused solutions include cables, connectors, and related hardware, and network services that include network design, project management, installation and maintenance, equipment rental and training programs.
To know more about Corning Cable Systems, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Travel Requirements : 50%
- Plan, implement, and manage Corning Cable System’s sales effort in assigned region for the Enterprise Network Sales customer base. Primary objective of this position is to maximize sales for all Corning Cable System’s products to the Enterprise Network Sales market in assigned regions both today and the future.
- Achieve planned sales levels for all products. Manage all selling expenses within established limits. Manage Sales Engineers within region to achieve regional sales goals. Ensure Sales Engineers adhere to all aspects of their job description. Primarily responsible to select, hire and train Sales Engineers. Continuously evaluate and improve performance of Sales Engineers assigned to region. Develop Sales Engineers with potential into Regional Sales Manager candidates, promote their progression within the company.
- Provide regular communication of significant or consequential regional issues, including call reports and monthly reports to Director of Sales on a timely basis. Maintain an understanding of all major Opportunities/Projects in Region through regular review (monthly at a minimum) of each Sales Engineer’s Opportunity Board. Maintain currency of all Sales Engineers’ activities in Region through regular (biweekly) use and review of their input into the SFDC.
- Establish rapport with all internal resources. Maintain sufficient product knowledge of Corning Cable System’s products and their applications to recognize opportunities and communicate them internally to achieve maximum advantage. New product or solution opportunities should be defined along with estimated volumes and presented to Product Line Management and Marketing to determine if Corning Cable Systems should pursue.
- Manage and develop channels in the region including developing marketing plans with internal Account Managers. Maintain relationships with all regional and local channel managers. Understand channel’s perception of Sales Engineer’s performance in the territory. Define and implement program strategies for key customers (including Cable Assembly Houses) and Market applications within area of responsibility. Assist in effective use of NPI and LinkUp programs in Region.
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess)
- BS/BA or equivalent degree or experience. MBA a plus.
- Four (4) years of sales, and/or marketing experience. Proven product and EN commercial knowledge, sales success and experience in managing employees.
- Outstanding People skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Maintain proficiency in the use of the personal computer with special emphasis on Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Ability to set up small and large education programs with a focus on customer needs.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to target and prioritize key customers.
- Proven success in time/territory management.
- Must be able to work effectively in an unstructured environment with minimum supervision from a home based office.
- Possess an ability to manage employees.
- Proven track record for successfully managing conflict.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Geographically flexible.
- Valid drivers’ license and safe driving record.
- Exceptional teaching, training and motivational skills with proven track record.
- Proven ability to communicate across various levels within an organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven track record.
- Familiarity with telecommunications, fiber-optics, & selling through distribution.
Monster - 17 months ago
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...