Develop new business opportunities and maintain existing customer base through proactive customer service and developing business relationships
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct marketing research to identify new business opportunities.
- Contact potential customers through telemarketing and direct sales calls.
- Facilitate / manage sales process with integrity; identify customer needs and present solutions to support needs and supply value.
- Prepare and present value proposals to customers.
- Conduct on-going follow-up to continually develop greater value, communicate new opportunities and to build professional relationships which will enable our customers and their businesses to be more successful.
- Acquire new accounts.
- Grow existing accounts.
- Communicate sales activities to Operations and Customer Service Team Leaders and work together to address customer service issues through verbal communication, e-mail and Salesforce.com.
- Execute all of the functions listed above in order to grow the overall volume, revenue and margin of your client portfolio.
- Understand and be proficient in selling Hub’s entire portfolio of products.
- Understand and be proficient in selling the value of a new prospect to Hub’s sales, operations and pricing management. Be knowledgeable of what Hub is looking for in a new account.
- Attend Sales training programs and utilize sales tools and reporting processes, suggest enhancements where appropriate.
- A minimum of 80% of time should be spent out of the office.
- Maximum of 20% of time should be spent in a Hub or home office.
- Undergraduate degree with major or significant coursework in transportation, sales, marketing or communications preferred
- Outside sales experience preferred or substantial internal experience required
- Minimum of one year in transportation industry
- Outstanding communication, presentation and project management skills required
- Proficient in all Microsoft products to assist in the development of reports as well as presentations
- Possess an aptitude to offer creative suggestions and the vision to identify areas for improvement
- Strong writing skills necessary for promotional and presentation work as well as target customer development
- Valid drivers license plus insurance
- Must be a self starter, and have the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of the Hub organization, its customers and vendors in a manner that consistently produces results
- Computers / Software such as Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and Databases
- Telecommunications equipment
- Traditional and web-based sources of leads and account targets
- Basic office equipment
- CRM Tool
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 3 medical plans
- dental plan
- 401(k) plan
- long term disability insurance
- life/AD&D insurance
- vision insurance
- additional individual voluntary insurance plan
- flexible spending accounts
- scholarship award
- paid sick time/short term disability programs
- vacation pay
- holiday pay
Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, Hub Group...