Every position in KAO USA, Inc. is meant to further the
same goals, which are to Partner with the right Salons,
Offer our Salon partners our entire portfolio and Help
our Salon partners grow their business.
The Senior Key Relationship Manager is tasked to work
with field personnel to increase sales in market leader
salons. The incumbent will develop the maximum sales
potential of existing market leaders and to acquire new
market leaders through the implementation of Salon
Business Plans, resource management and consistent
prospecting. This position works closely with Education
Managers in respective Business Units to maximize sales
and education potential in market leaders.
identify opportunity areas for growth with KAO
- Assist Distributor KRM’s with existing accounts to
brands as outlined in the Salon Business Plan.
competitors’ salon customers within assigned
- Identify and establish rapport with the top
territory with the objective to convert customers to
KRM’s to effectively determine their individual
- Regularly meet with (in person and via the phone)
training needs. Develop a plan with Director of KRM
performance to address the needs.
Market Leader accounts through Needs Analysis and
- Mentor Distributor KRM’s and assists in opening
products, programs and materials for salons to make
- Coach Distributor KRM’s to affectively present Kao
purchasing and investment decisions, maximizing
Goldwell business as needed.
- Manage assigned budgets to maintain and grow Market
events as required.
- Actively participates in salon events.
- Is present and actively participates at all Kao
results VS Kao Target list.
- Prepares periodic reports showing sales efforts and
of competitors’ sales programs.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related
previous salon sales experience
- 8+ years sales experience in consumer goods with
communicating Business Plans to high profile
- Demonstrated experience in writing and effectively
customers with salon industry preferred.
build and maintain professional business
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to
competitive professional products.
- Product knowledge of Goldwell and KMS, plus key
presentations and close the sale.
- Ability to identify sales opportunities, make
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with the ability to
- Strong negotiation skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, i.e. Word,
create and properly format documents, spreadsheets,
charts, tables, presentations and generate/print
established deadlines and to ensure timely arrival
- Must have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet all
to all scheduled company and customer appointment,
meetings and events.
the professional beauty industry.
- Professional and groomed appearance appropriate for
registered and insured vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license; access to properly
weekends as needed.
- Availability to travel and work evenings and
office environment that requires prolonged sitting,
- Requires duties to be performed in both a salon and
standing, walking, bending, talking, listening,
hearing, raising arms, repetitive motion of fingers,
wrists and arms, reading, comprehending and applying
technical material/ information, focusing and
concentrating, lifting up to 25 lbs., as well as
repetitive motion in the use of hands, fingers and
may require travel within and outside the U.S. by
- Valid identification needed for travel as position
way of car, train, plane and/or mass transit. The
required travel for this position ranges from 30% to
Req. Code : Sr. KRM
Division/Department : SALON
KAO - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Kao Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, has announced that it will commence its prestige cosmetics business in China in March 2004....