Position Summary: Regional Sales Manager (5)
The Components Group regional sales manager will be expected to further the sales and business development of the company’s portfolio of motion technology products and higher level solutions. The individual selected will help manage the business development and key customer interface in the assigned region of a $400M organization. The person will be a member of the Group sales team and report directly to the Group Vice President of sales. The person will be expected to provide leadership, influence, and direction for the manufacturer’s representative sales channel, the Group operations and inside sales team. Responsibilities will be achieved by building effective working relationships with all related groups, people and customers to achieve sales growth.
- Create and maintain an environment that promotes teamwork, responsiveness, efficiency and a positive working environment between our customers, sales channels and operations
- Develop and complete plans to implement operational strategic initiatives that increase sales and customer penetration within the assigned territory through synergistic selling of our complimentary product portfolio and higher level solutions.
- Plan and execute cost effective travel within the assigned region.
- Identify developmental needs of our manufacturer’s representatives and work with the operations to overcome areas of deficiency.
- Maintain communication with operations, customers and management on needs to achieve sales, operational and customer satisfaction goals.
- Staff, motivate and manage a group of 2 sales engineers for the assigned region.
- Work with group sales executives to establish staff budgets; support the operations on establishing and achieving yearly booking budgets
- Planning / Prioritization - Assist with strategic opportunity capture planning for key programs for the various MCG operations.
- Work with the customer and MCG operations sales and service groups to assure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Coordination and cooperation with other Moog divisions as appropriate.
Education: BS degree in electrical or mechanical engineering is preferred.
Experience: 10+ years of sales and/or engineering experience in the sale or product development of OEM equipment with a motion technology, fiber optic or electronic corporation.
Skills: Strong Communicator who is willing to travel in a multifaceted product organization environment
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...