Pentair is 30,000 employees strong. We work around the globe to deliver industry leading products, services and solutions for our customers’ diverse needs in water and other fluids, thermal management and equipment protection. Our inventive thinking, collaborative spirit, disciplined work ethic and breadth of experts allows us to deliver inspired solutions for a changing world. Through our capabilities as a company, our innovative products and our Win Right values, we have the opportunity to define a clear and compelling role for Pentair in the global community.
Business Unit Overview
Pentair Equipment Protection is a leading provider of worldwide product and service solutions for enclosing, protecting and cooling electrical and electronic systems. Its industry-leading brands—Hoffman®, Schroff®, McLean®—provide a broad variety of standard, modified and engineered solutions to the commercial, communications, energy, general electronics, industrial, infrastructure, medical and security and defense markets.
This role will promote Pentair as the vendor of choice for solutions that protect and cool for electrical, electronic and data communication products. Main responsibility will be to increase sales volume and market share in assigned territory. Role will include extensive external contact with end users, distributors, manufacturer’s reps, consultants/engineers and contractors to drive brand preference.
Responsibilities of position:
- Responsible for achievement of the sales quota with key accounts including both direct and thru distribution sales
- Manage relationships with customers and distributors to understand their requirements and develop appropriate solution(s) to best meet their needs
- Provide continual updates via CRM on Key Accounts and conversion status of target accounts
- Provide reporting and regular forecasting focused on attaining Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Support the business through generation of new growth accounts while maintaining and developing existing accounts
- Continuously scans for prospects with current or new customers to achieve new sales, expands offerings within the account, and populates account pipeline consistently and on a timely basis
- Develop and implement a sales strategy that focuses on channel, integrators/consultants and end-users that enables territory management and sales growth
- Work cross functionally with sales and marketing teams to identify new product categories or markets for target customers and drive new business opportunities
- Must have the ability to manage complex accounts with multiple stake holders and at potentially multiple locations.
- Lead a virtual team for global account management where applicable.
- Provide extensive product and solutions training for customers and distributors
- Responds to customer issues and provides follow-up to assure resolution. Serves as the direct line of communication between the customer and Pentair.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors’ activities throughout assigned territory
- Understands current market relationships and partnerships with customers, distributors and manufacturer’s reps
Job Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, marketing, or engineering
- 7+ years in sales management or outside sales experience in an electrical, electronic or industrial market.
- Knowledge of products within the electronics industry
- Knowledge and understanding of selling through a channel model
- Established record of profitably increasing sales
- Up to 25% travel
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pentair - 2 years ago
Pentair is pumped about water! Water & Fluid Solutions, the company's largest segment, manufactures water flow and filtration...