- Minimum 5 years selling and account relationship management experience with major account
- History and track record of achievement of revenue objectives
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales plan, execute through the sales process and close opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with accounts' senior management and across functions within customer organizations to gain commitment, obtain resources and achieve desired results
- BS or BA degree
- Experience & Passion - Successful track record in selling and customer account management for small, medium or large customer accounts; high, demonstrated energy levels, extremely motivated to succeed; accountable for results; able to be alert and adaptable in a very fast-paced environment;
- Proven track record - Discipline and methodology of building pipeline necessary to achieve quota goals.
- Attention to Detail - Ability to quickly to document and detail customer procedures, processes, and decision criteria.
- Focus and Execution - Relentless self-directed focus and execution of the sales and buying process
- Salesforce Automation - Organize and maintain the details of your sale prospects and pipeline through a system of record.
- Business Acumen - Superior professional presence and business acumen
- Communication - Ability to clearly present complex information and concepts through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or clients; listens well.
- Conflict Management - Ability to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving - Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
- Influence and Persuasion - Ability to convince others in both positive and negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or options; present new ideas to authority figures; adapt presentations to suit a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
- Integrity - Ability to be tactful, maintain company and customer confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; practice corporate and personal integrity on the highest level
- Teamwork - Ability to effectively work independently or in a team environment; display enthusiasm and promote a productive group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary' support group decisions and solicit options from coworkers.
- Negotiating - Ability to obtain agreement from multiple parties; earn trust while working out a deal; use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining; communicate high value of services; identify hidden agendas that might interfere with resolution of terms.
- Planning, Prioritizing & Goal Setting - Ability to prepare for emerging customer needs / process; manage and prioritize multiple customer opportunities; determine priority in a meaningful and practical way; use detailed data to guide actions and create sales action plans; organize and schedule customers, prospects, teammates and tasks.
- Relationship Management - Ability to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
Software AG is seeking a Regional Sales Manager responsible for providing leadership to the sales and account management processes and growing Terracotta's revenues associated with the full breadth of Terracotta products / solutions for the Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA areas. The job represents a balanced customer relationship management effort involving sales/account management skills, product knowledge/problem-solving/solution skills, and direction of other Terracotta specialized resources assigned to the account(s).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high activity and focus around prospecting, developing a territory and driving sales process
- Find, manage, grow and close revenue opportunities; grow installed customer account share
- Understand customer business and service requirements in order to develop "tailored" Terracotta solutions and offerings
- Introduce client to new products that match business needs
- Successfully establish the customer account as a positive Reference Account
- Develop business plan for territory / accounts to meet or exceed sales, marketing and customer satisfaction objectives
- Directs tactical implementation of business plan to meet objectives
- Interfaces and directs sales, product and operations strategies; ensures customer expectations are exceeded; develops business plan that fits continually changing customer needs
- Manages interface between the customer account and Terracotta (including product specialists, channels and corporate functions) for effective implementation of the business plan
- Interfaces with key customer executives in a professional, mutually beneficial partnership
Software AG USA - 2 years ago